Crestwood High School is a public school located in Sumter, SC. It has 1,216 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Crestwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A253 Students
- B+192 Students
- B170 Students
- B+168 Students
- B-166 Students
- B-139 Students
- A129 Students
- C+105 Students
- C+100 Students
- B+79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Crestwood High School Reviews
The academic performance is the highest in Sumter School District. The staffs and faculties are reliable and helpful when are needed. However, the opportunity in learning such as clubs, activities, and AP courses are not provided or sufficiently, which makes it difficult to fulfill a potential of any students who would like to seek a higher education after graduating. Teachers cares the students in some extent. The school environment does not encourage very much students participants in any activities that would improve the students successes.
Crestwood Highschool was a four year life changing experience. It is culturally accepting and embracive. If you are socially active, the experience will be much more fulfilling than the average student. Their academic requirements bring the best out of each student. They encourage students to reach their full potential by promoting events and fundraisers that relates to one’s interests and passion.
It was a good school overall. I didn't have many problems. I think the dress code is absolutely ridiculous and only encourages the objectification of women's bodies. Short bottoms, yes, by all means have a limit, but no shoulders showing? If someone is attracted to my shoulders, that is a whole other issue. We can't dress up for Halloween? The principle's personal beliefs imposed on us was not okay. She could have simply states "do not go over the top with distracting costumes" rather than "Halloween in an unholy tradition that I will not tolerate anyone participating in."