Crestwood High School is a public school located in Mountain Top, PA. It has 915 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Crestwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+118 Students
- B88 Students
- B+75 Students
- A68 Students
- A63 Students
- C62 Students
- B45 Students
- A-42 Students
- A-38 Students
- A+34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Crestwood High School
- B-Lake-Lehman Junior/Senior High School
- Lake-Lehman School District, PA
- 143 reviews
- CPittston Area Senior High School
- Pittston Area School District, PA
- 143 reviews
- C+Northwest Area High School
- Northwest Area School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- BWyoming Valley West Senior High School
- Wyoming Valley West School District, PA
- 103 reviews
Crestwood High School Reviews
Crestwood has many advantages, and students take the initiative to maximize the resources, curriculums, and activities available. The faculty is very well-organized and willing to go the extra mile for its student body. I have not had the pleasure to sit in each teacher’s class, but I have established a relationship with many and I have grown to respect each of them. This year Crestwood experienced change in the administration, and I was not as satisfied as I was with our previous administrative team.
My experience at Crestwood High School wasn't very good, the teachers weren't well educated, or at least didn't have an interest in teaching the students. I'd like to see an improvement in the educators and administration. Also, more student activities that aren't just sport based would most likely bring the students closer together as well.
Crestwood is a great school. I feel most of the teachers do a great job and I am happy with my educational experience. I enjoy that there is not a uniform like dress code. I played sports such as softball and cheerleading, and I really enjoyed these experiences. The school could use some updates, but they are working on that. Overall this was a great district to attend.