Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Crestwood High School is a public school located in Mantua, OH. It has 452 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Crestwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B139 Students
- B-65 Students
- A+59 Students
- A-48 Students
- B-42 Students
- B41 Students
- A-36 Students
- B-35 Students
- B27 Students
- B26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Crestwood High School
- CRootstown High School - Davis Building
- Rootstown Local School District, OH
- 68 reviews
- C+Cardinal High School
- Cardinal Local School District, OH
- 44 reviews
- C+Berkshire High School
- Berkshire Local School District, OH
- 74 reviews
- B-James A. Garfield High School
- James A. Garfield Local School District, OH
- 41 reviews
Crestwood High School Reviews
The students are, for the most part, good people. The teachers work hard and care deeply about their students, and building administrators are passionate and approachable. Unfortunately, the district administration is dysfunctional and the community continually refuses to fund the schools. Levy after levy has failed, leaving Crestwood in a dire financial situation. The Academy program, an interdisciplinary experiential class, is the crown jewel of the High School, and recently built an aquaponics greenhouse! AP classes offer students opportunities to push themselves, but options are limited and often result in schedule conflicts since most courses only run during one period. All-in-all, the school has good staff but lacks the resources to help students truly excel.
Crestwood is full of opportunities and has some great teachers who care about you're experience. I think there are some teachers here that don't care at all and just want to get through the day. I appreciate the few teachers that do make sure you're learning. So much more could be done to make the school better, more money, newer technology and renovations. There have been lots of "budget cuts" the past two years which includes cutting teachers. In my opinion the teachers who were let go were the best ones. For a public school there are lots of rules and barriers. We aren't allowed to have phones anymore, which I think has helped me a lot this year. I enjoy coming to school and taking certain classes. I look forward to coming to Junior/Senior Seminar which is just a service class. I struggled alot freshman and sophomore year but school started clicking with me by junior year. Now its a breeze!
My 12 year experience at Crestwood High School was below satisfactory. This school gets by with the bare minimum. The only positive is the teaching staff and principle. The teachers at Crestwood High are very kind and helpful, they want to see you succeed. The administration on the other hand is horrific (except for the principle). It seems like they only want to discipline the already disciplined students. This administration has found ways to pull me away from my education time and time again for no good reason. And when I ask why my education is being interrupted I am met with the upmost disrespect.