Creston High School is a public school located in Creston, IA. It has 478 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Creston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-44 Students
- A41 Students
- A32 Students
- B27 Students
- B+25 Students
- A12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B10 Students
- A9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Creston High School
- BNodaway Valley High School
- Nodaway Valley Community School District, IA
- 5 reviews
- BLenox High School
- Lenox Community School District, IA
- 6 reviews
- B-East Union Middle/High School
- East Union Community School District, IA
- 2 reviews
- C+Orient-Macksburg Senior High School
- Orient-Macksburg Community School District, IA
- 3 reviews
Creston High School Reviews
Some of my favorite experiences at Creston High School are our homecoming weeks with a variety of different themes over the years, our shared contract with Orient-Macksburg in sports to give them opportunities in sports as well, and our Powderpuff and Volleybrawl competition between the Juniors and Seniors where the males play volleyball and the females play flag football!
Of the few classes I have taken over the years I have always loved my teaches. One thing that needs to change is the students attitude toward their teachers. in many of my classes students did not show respect for their teachers. They may not have been disrespectful blatantly but in conversations outside the class that would bad mouth the teachers. It breaks my heart to see so many young people who have not been taught by their parents to respect the authorities in their lives.
The teachers in this school could do more to care about the students. They don't have any understanding for the students who struggle and assume that if one student can get something done, then all of the other students should be able to. Some teachers don't enter grades when they are supposed to causing some students to have F's and be unable to participate in sports even when they don't deserve the grade. Each teacher has their own style of teaching, but some just expect you to know what they are talking about and don't take the time to explain and then call you stupid or tell you to shut up when you're asking a "stupid" question.