Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Crescent Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Corvallis, OR. It has 995 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Crescent Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus268 Students
- grade A minus156 Students
- grade B86 Students
- grade A80 Students
- grade B minus79 Students
- grade B minus57 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade A minus42 Students
- grade A+39 Students
- grade A+38 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responses
- Football Games27%
- Mr./Mrs. CV19%
- Senior Prank19%
- Spirit Week14%
- There are no good ones.8%
- Pep rallies5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,606 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 34 responses
Schools like Crescent Valley High School
- grade ACorvallis High School
- Corvallis School District, OR
- Rating 3.99 out of 5 132 reviews
- grade A minusWest Albany High School
- Greater Albany Public School District, OR
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 195 reviews
- grade A minusPhilomath High School
- Philomath School District, OR
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 47 reviews
- grade C+Central High School
- Central School District, OR
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 133 reviews
Crescent Valley High School Reviews
Rating 3.69 out of 5 207 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Crescent Valley's teachers/counselors/admin truly care about their students and make them feel supported and understood. The variety of classes offered is fantastic and provides students with numerous opportunities to explore their unique interests. The campus is beautiful as well! However, the performing arts and music programs could be expanded and improved upon somewhat.
Crescent Valley High School was the perfect high school experience for me. I had many opportunities at Crescent Valley that I'm confident will help prepare me for life after school. Through many sports, extracurricular activities, kind staff and students, Crescent Valley High School was the perfect high school experience for me. Through hard work and dedication, I was able to pursue high honors and AP classes to be Salutatorian of my class. Crescent Valley helped push me to new academic heights as I pushed myself to do the best possible. There was also a wide range of engaging classes and interests to explore. From choir and band, to cooking and engineering, Crescent Valley's class list has a little something for everyone. Another thing I appreciate about Crescent Valley is the school spirit we have there. Its thanks to all these aspects about Crescent Valley that helped shape me into the person I am today.
Crescent Valley High School is a very good high school and option for students in the Willamette Valley. The open campus and courtyard with Jackson Creek running through it is very enjoyable to walk through, eat lunch, or relax in during the school day. The teachers are generally very nice and caring. There is a wide range of elective choices including Woodworking, Auto-mechanics, Engineering, Photography (with an actual dark-room!), Personal Finance, Weight Lifting, Creative Writing, Child Development (students work in a real preschool!) and many more. The sports are generally very successful. The wrestling program is top-10 in the country and were state champs in 2018 and 2019. The girls soccer and girls swimming teams were also state champs in 2018 and 2019 and the Baseball team was State Runner up in 2018. There is a wide variety of clubs as well. Crescent Valley is in a nice location just northwest of town with hiking trails very accessible. I would recommend CV for all students.