Creative City Public Charter School Reviews

My kids love Creative City and have learned so much. I'm so impressed by the projects created by the students and the enrichment the students get from the arts-based curriculum. I'm also pleased with the academics and the extra assistance that one of my children received when it was needed. Going to school at Creative City has been a great experience for our family.
We are entering our sixth year of having our kids at Creative City. My kids have very different strengths and learning styles and we have watched the school give each child (now entering Grades 3 and 5) exactly what they need to be successful. We are so excited that our youngest Is finally old enough for Kindergarten in the fall.
We've been at Creative City Public Charter School since it opened in 2013. My oldest finished 5th Grade last year and went on to Ingenuity in middle school. My youngest is currently in 1st grade. We were most attracted to the place-based, project-based curriculum. It really provides an in-depth knowledge of subjects. The other amazing component is the arts-integration. The projects that our children have done using this method have been amazing and really reaches the kids in the way they learn best. I also really appreciate the flexible homework policy. There's no evidence that homework assists learning, especially in the younger grades, so we don't spend time fighting to get worksheets done. We read daily. In the later grades, getting homework was useful in creating a habit that helped prepare for middle school. The teachers and administration are amazing. They are creative, caring and always available. I'm so grateful to have a school like this to send our kids to.
Start Your Review of Creative City Public Charter School
As a staff member, when it was time to choose where my daughter would start in K, there was no doubt she would be joining the Creative City family. Not only do I see our school community encouraging high academic standards, but I watch a message of care, connection, and community take hold in the hearts and minds of all ages. And now my daughter gets to be a part of this tradition. Not only is she thriving academically, but she is discovering the role she has to play in the world. I feel blessed to be a parent of a student at Creative City Public Charter School.
Our kids have thrived at this school. Despite the low rating on this page (which seems off to me) they have done very well on their standardized tests. Their teachers have been wonderful - they've learned a lot and have good relationships with them. I really like the curriculum - not just "teaching to the test" but educating the whole child.