Craven Early College High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Bern, NC. It has 191 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Craven Early College High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-33 Students
- A+31 Students
- A-26 Students
- B+25 Students
- A+23 Students
- A-21 Students
- A+12 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+8 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Craven Early College High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Craven Early College High School Reviews
I honestly think that this was the best high school that I could have ever went to. I would have never thought that this was a school that I would want to be in, until the first year I was there! The teachers there are the greatest, they take their time to make sure that you are getting the information that you need, and they work one on one with students that needed a little bit more help. It also helped me because my class size was small, I didn't have to worry about twenty to thirty students in one class. I had 15 students in my class which meant that we had more chances to ask questions and get help.
CEC has challenged my work ethic along with the extracurricular endeavors I have involved myself in over the years. Entering as a freshman, I was never an academically oriented person. However, the rigorous and engaging academia paired with personalized attention from administration and faculty has taught me the value and importance of education and doing well in school. Extracurricular leadership is valuable when preparing for higher education, and CEC’s close knit community and inclusive environment allows students to become leaders if they desire to enhance their leaderships skills. Exiting CEC, I will not only be entering as a freshman at UNC-Chapel Hill, but will also be joining their honors college, Honors Carolina. Other schools I have been admitted to are Amherst, Swarthmore, New York University, and NC State. I believe that the rigorous approach to academics along with extracurricular opportunities CEC offers are a great part to my success in the college application process.
I believe my experience at Craven Early College to be on of my favorite educational experiences. Academically, CEC is a challenging experience, but it has proven to be beyond valuable. CEC's partnership with Craven Community College only positively adds to the educational experience because students simultaneously receive a high school and college education which makes the transition from a high school to college student a smooth one. The teachers at CEC are truly committed to students' success and always available to answer questions and further students' comprehension of subject matter. Small class sizes provide an outstanding student-teacher interaction as teachers have the time to engage with students and help them achieve success. I am honored to be a Super Senior at Craven Early College, and I have enjoyed my experience immensely.