Craven Early College High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Bern, NC. It has 205 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 44.5% of students are at least proficient in math and 74.5% in reading.
Craven Early College High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-30 Students
- A+30 Students
- B+23 Students
- A-22 Students
- A+21 Students
- A-19 Students
- A+11 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Craven Early College High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Craven Early College High School Reviews
I believe my experience at Craven Early College to be on of my favorite educational experiences. Academically, CEC is a challenging experience, but it has proven to be beyond valuable. CEC's partnership with Craven Community College only positively adds to the educational experience because students simultaneously receive a high school and college education which makes the transition from a high school to college student a smooth one. The teachers at CEC are truly committed to students' success and always available to answer questions and further students' comprehension of subject matter. Small class sizes provide an outstanding student-teacher interaction as teachers have the time to engage with students and help them achieve success. I am honored to be a Super Senior at Craven Early College, and I have enjoyed my experience immensely.
I have had a great experience and education at Craven Early College High School associated with Craven Community College. Both the teachers and staff at Craven Early College High School are helpful and accommodating, because they truly want you to succeed when you travel on to a four year college or university. The only thing I would like to see implemented in the future would be possibly more extracurricular activities/clubs, but regardless I would never change the 5 year experience I have had with Craven Early College High School.
The school allows for personal and educational growth through advanced teaching and methods. The small class sizes allows students to connect better with their teachers and fellow classmates. The wide range of field trips, class projects and programs increases student's learning and creates a creative environment.