Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Cranston High School West is an above average, public school located in Cranston, RI. It has 1,493 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Cranston High School West Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B443 Students
- B-228 Students
- A+135 Students
- B122 Students
- B-111 Students
- A105 Students
- A-96 Students
- C90 Students
- B-81 Students
- B+76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responses
- Pep rally23%
- Thanksgiving Day Football Game!23%
- Spirit week15%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Cranston High School West
- BCranston High School East
- Cranston Public Schools, RI
- 231 reviews
- BMt. Hope High School
- Bristol Warren Regional School District, RI
- 176 reviews
- A-Cumberland High School
- Cumberland School Department, RI
- 292 reviews
- BSmithfield High School
- Smithfield Public Schools, RI
- 147 reviews
Cranston High School West Reviews
I love high school. I never wanted to miss a day. I appreciate the teachers’ dedication in a public school environment. It’s not easy to meet the school district expectations with high student teacher ratios. I did well in classes because of the teachers I had and I am so grateful for that. I was lucky to participate in sports and other activities my school offers. I had so much fun while getting an education. I have enjoyed my time here, but it was unexpectedly cut short due to Covid-19. I have felt disappointment, sadness and frustration. I was mad that I could not return to school to say my goodbyes or to thank my teachers for being awesome. I have missed so many senior year experiences such as prom and graduation, but, I must keep a positive attitude while living through a pandemic. I choose to remember the great teachers and friends that have made a difference in my life. I am grateful that I am prepared for college in the fall. It’s time to make new memories!
Having recently moved into the city of Cranston, this high school has offered me a great number of opportunities, in terms of education as well as relationships with peers, teachers and administration. Very friendly and helpful! HIGHLY suggest you to use all resources they have to provide, such as clubs, sports, classes, etc, in order to make the best of your high school journey at West!
I love the welcoming community the school has, many teachers are friendly and classes are great! My experience there has been memorable.