Cranston High School East is an above average, public school located in Cranston, RI. It has 1,591 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Cranston High School East Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B316 Students
- B-223 Students
- C104 Students
- A-87 Students
- A+80 Students
- C+76 Students
- A+66 Students
- B-62 Students
- A+54 Students
- B+54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Cranston High School East
- BCranston High School West
- Cranston Public Schools, RI
- 263 reviews
- B+North Providence High School
- North Providence School Department, RI
- 183 reviews
- BJacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing & Visual Arts
- Pawtucket School District, RI
- 58 reviews
- C+E-Cubed Academy
- Providence Public Schools, RI
- 82 reviews
Cranston High School East Reviews
Throughout my 4 years at Cranston East, I've grown into a more mature, educated, and open minded young adult. With the guidance of the most caring and engaged teachers and counselors, I strongly believe that I am well prepared for college and the future. I have gained lots of friendships and memories from classes and clubs at Cranston East that I will cherish forever, such as the restoration of he Vietnam Memorial executed by my fellow cadets in JROTC, or the many friends that I have met through the step team, track, or other clubs. If there was anything that I could change about Cranston East, it would most likely have to be the block scheduling system.I believe that there has been many complications and confusinon throughout the year thus far, and believe that many would prefer the original scheduling more.
Cranston High School East offers an extremely diverse community of students and teachers. As far as academics go, many rigorous honors, AP, and dual enrollment courses are offered that have left me feeling well prepared for college. The teachers truly care about their students' success in the classroom!
Cranston East shaped me into the young woman that I am today. Walking into my freshman year of high school, I was very quiet and reserved because I really did not know how to cope with the whole high school experience. Now, going into my senior year of high school, I am more outgoing and outspoken. I have become more involved, being the captain of the step team and helping out with the unified volleyball team. Cranston East prepared me for my life after high school and I am forever grateful. In the future years at Cranston East, I feel that there should be more internship opportunities for all students to get a feel for what they want to pursue in life, something I did not really have a chance to do throughout my four years of high school. After high school, I want to pursue a career in medicine, either becoming a nurse practitioner or pediatrician. Cranston East will forever hold a special place in my heart. Thank you for your time and consideration. God bless.