Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Cranston High School East is an above average, public school located in Cranston, RI. It has 1,682 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Cranston High School East Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B431 Students
- B-300 Students
- B-132 Students
- C131 Students
- A+123 Students
- A-122 Students
- A+83 Students
- B-81 Students
- A+74 Students
- B+71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Cranston High School East
- BCranston High School West
- Cranston Public Schools, RI
- 289 reviews
- BNorth Providence High School
- North Providence School Department, RI
- 205 reviews
- B+Jacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing & Visual Arts
- Pawtucket School District, RI
- 63 reviews
- C+E-Cubed Academy
- Providence Public Schools, RI
- 86 reviews
Cranston High School East Reviews
My experience at Cranston East can be best described as a love-hate relationship. My freshman year, the amount of structural issues cannot be overlooked as we had a carbon monoxide incident and some pipes had burst. The school may not look as aesthetically pleasing as some other schools, but its not the outside appearance that matters, it is what's inside that counts. Cranston East has teachers that truly care, and would do anything for their students. I have never had an issue with any of my teachers these past four years, and I can happily say I am proud of the education I have received from this high school. The number one influence Cranston East has had on me though, is the exposure to diversity that you could not get at any school. You can find students from all cultural backgrounds, and with such a large student population, you encounter so many people different from yourself. Although Cranston East has had its downs, I will always be proud to be a thunderbolt.
I liked a majority of the teachers. The ones I had truly cared about the students and did their best to make our learning experience as fun and productive as possible. The overall environment of the school was also great as there were people from of all different diverse backgrounds. Most of all, the school did listen to many of the students' demands regarding testing and schedule changes, as well as the demand for more classes. All in all, attending Cranston East was enjoyable.
Cranston East as been an interesting experience. I feel as though the school administration failed when it came to classes. I had taken Algebra 2, in the 10th grade. I had expressed to my guidance counselor that the class was a bit difficult for me. She had told me just to keep trying. I then stayed after school almost everyday to get help from the teacher. I also did a tutor program in school and these did not help. I even had the head of counselors try and help but they did not listen to me. It was disappointing.