Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Crane High School is a public school located in Crane, TX. It has 329 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Crane High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-61 Students
- C+48 Students
- B-47 Students
- A-45 Students
- B+33 Students
- A+29 Students
- B29 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-19 Students
- A18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Crane High School Reviews
Attending Crane High School was full of ups and downs though it mostly consisted of ups. I had the pleasure of getting to be able to do all of the electives I wanted because it was a small high school, these electives included athletics, band, student counsel, and sports med. I would not have gotten to experience all of this if I would have gone to a bigger high school. Crane High School taught me tradition as well as responsibility. There are so many traditions that go into attending Crane, the band program being one of them. Sweepstakes are what they call them we have a tradition of only getting straight ones in competition for 36 years. It is one of the longest ones in the state of Texas that is still going on today. I also got the privilege of attending the State Marching Band competition twice. On the athletics side, I had the ability of playing five sports that I enjoy playing very much. One thing that I love about playing in Crane is the bond that develops in the teams.
Crane is a city of 3,000+, the weather is hot when is hot and cold when is cold but we love it. Always mom kept us busy sports, activities, church. when I started high school I continue in sports, baseball, basketballand trac. I also was inducted to National Honor Society. I join FFA, student council, science club and also did community service. Always busy. I like that we are a small community, helping each other. We are honestly united, if anybody needs help, someone is always there. The community comes out to support their students. Classrooms are small so more individual help, they care what you want to do in your future. there's accommodations for those who need it like dyslexia, special needs and much more. we are a growing community and therefore we are in need of a bigger school and more educators to inspire our minds.
When you think about spending four years with the same people, classes, and teachers, Crane High School is definitely a place to keep in mind. It is a small school, about 80 students in each graduating class, and everyone knows everybody. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, but like every small town, there's always going to be drama. However, when something happens, everyone still finds a way to come together. The athletics at the school are great. The coaches do teach discipline to those who are in need of it, but spend more time teaching valuable life lessons to the students. I wish for my children to be able to attend here when they are to that age!