Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Craig High School is an above average, public school located in Janesville, WI. It has 1,626 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Craig High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+180 Students
- B109 Students
- B99 Students
- A79 Students
- A-52 Students
- A-50 Students
- B47 Students
- B45 Students
- B-41 Students
- B35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Craig High School
- BParker High School
- Janesville School District, WI
- 150 reviews
- B+Turner High School
- Beloit Turner School District, WI
- 75 reviews
- BEvansville High School
- Evansville Community School District, WI
- 68 reviews
- B+Edgerton High School
- Edgerton School District, WI
- 58 reviews
Craig High School Reviews
Overall, my experience at Craig High School was incredibly memorable. The various programs and extracurricular activities were the best part of the school. A lot of my best memories came from involvement in music and clubs. However, one experience that I did not enjoy in high school is the structure of the team sports. The selection for athletes has a clear bias favoring 'Booster Club' families and those who participated in certain club sports. This unfair selection has such a large impact on students' overall happiness, level of confidence, etc.
My experience with Craig High School has had many, many ups and downs, much like any other high school student. But this school has given me the best four years of my life. I’ve met so many people who I can consider lifelong friends and acquaintances. I have rarely, if ever, had a bad experience with a teacher here. I competed in three sports each year of high school, and created bonds that I didn’t know I had the capacity to make with my teammates. I often find myself missing going to school due to COVID-19, which is something I don’t think students at other schools can say. Janesville Craig is one of my favorite places to be.
I loved going to Craig High School because I was welcomed with open arms into a friend group and had amazing teachers that would take their personal time to sit down just to make sure I understood the content. I learned how to become a leader myself and had equal opportunities at a number of things. The only reason I cannot rate the school perfect is due to the easier classes that smarter people take in order to retain a good grade. However, our high school is dealing with this, but I still feel that many students might not push to do their hardest if they don't have to.