Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Cozad High School is a public school located in Cozad, NE. It has 283 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Cozad High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-39 Students
- B+38 Students
- B30 Students
- B+16 Students
- C+15 Students
- A-12 Students
- A-10 Students
- C+9 Students
- B8 Students
- NG8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Cozad High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Cozad High School Reviews
Building is showing obvious signs of age. The school's library had major water damage during a storm in spring 2019 and many ceiling tiles around the building are discolored. Small class sizes are nice. Unfortunately the school uses Chromebook for most classes and it can be hard to use them with the spotty WiFi (it's a concrete and steel building after all). Good teachers for the most part. Sports are valued far above academics and it shows. Limited options for extracurricular activities. School food quality has not increased in the last 6 years or so.
Cozad High School is not a very diverse place, and so it is very hard to fit in with those who do not have the save values and principles as you. I had supportive teachers who helped me along the way, but I can't say the same about my peers. SInce Cozad High is a small community, teacher student relationships are stronger. Teachers here know all of their kids well, and they do their best to try and help them.
Most of the teachers are wonderful and will change their method of teaching to help you suceed. As a freshman I was taken in by the upper class men and shown how high school works. My class happens to be the biggest and brightest that's come through cozad in awhile and I'm proud to say that everyone in my class is a good person. We dont have a class bully, everyone just wants to help each other.