Cowanesque Valley Junior/Senior High School
- WESTFIELD, PA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Cowanesque Valley Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in WESTFIELD, PA. It has 352 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Cowanesque Valley Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+31 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade C+15 Students
- grade A15 Students
- grade B13 Students
- grade C+13 Students
- grade B minus12 Students
- grade C+12 Students
- grade B+11 Students
- grade B minus9 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Cowanesque Valley Junior/Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,601 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Cowanesque Valley Junior/Senior High School
- grade C minusNorthern Potter Junior/Senior High School
- Northern Potter School District, PA
- Rating 3.04 out of 5 27 reviews
- grade CWhitesville Central School
- Whitesville Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- Rating 3.14 out of 5 7 reviews
- grade C+Jasper-Troupsburg Junior/Senior High School
- Jasper-Troupsburg Central School District, NY
- Rating 4.33 out of 5 3 reviews
- grade C+Galeton Area School
- Galeton Area School District, PA
- PK, K-12
- Rating 3.3 out of 5 23 reviews
Cowanesque Valley Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.21 out of 5 42 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Cowanesque Valley is much more than just a high school. Full of spirit, talent, and so many incredible people, it's no surprise that I feel privileged to have gained my high school experience at Cowanesque Valley. With such a welcoming environment, making new friends was easy and it didn't take long for me to find my place. I've made so many memories along the way, been given such great opportunities, and learned so many life lessons that I will carry into my future and the rest of my life. Cowanesque Valley formed an everlasting impact on my life and shaped me into the person I am today, and no words can express how thankful I am for all the wonderful moments, people, and experiences that continued to cross my path along the way. Once an Indian, always an Indian.
It was a very good school. It was small so it was very easy to get help when needed. Teachers were really cool. They really cared about your education. There were some teachers who really helped prepare you for college. I do wish that there was more help when it came time to figuring out the fasfa and other stuff for college. It was clean and just got a brand new gym. The sports are not too bad. They offer a wide variety of classes. They have good electives. Teachers are very dedicated to their jobs.
Cowanesque Valley is a small, rural school. It offers a one on one experience with each of your teachers, and it is nice to know all of your favorite educators on a personal level. This school is currently in the process of a renovation to improve and update the safety of the building. A needed change could be heating/cooling vents that work properly.