Covington Latin School is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Covington, KY. It has 206 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. Tuition is $9,925 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Covington Latin School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A55 Students
- A-42 Students
- A-36 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+34 Students
- C+20 Students
- B+17 Students
- A17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 70 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Covington Latin School Reviews
I am currently a junior at in Covington Latin School and I can proudly say that Covington Latin is a great school for those wanting a challenge in their education. Most students here skip one or two grades and take all honors classes. The students and staff are all very welcoming and truly want you to succeed. They challenge your mind to prepare you for college. We have many new and exciting clubs that anyone can join, our sports teams do well in our district, and our school holds many fun events for the students and parents. Classes can be difficult, but everyone is here to help you succeed. Covington Latin also opens up many opportunities for students outside of school and many are ready to graduate by the age of seventeen. All of our graduates always talk about how easy and fun college is because Covington Latin kept their promise of being a college-preparatory school. Covington Latin is an amazing school that keeps on improving and helping those learn every day.
Covington Latin has been an excellent experience for me, both socially and academically. Up until now, I have been homeschooled my entire life, so this was my first experience with a classroom environment. So far, it has been a great time. Covington Latin is an accelerated school, giving you the option to skip up to two grades (allowing you to enter between 7th grade and 9th grade-freshman year), and is also academically more difficult than most other schools. I entered in the eighth-grade year, and I spent about a half-hour on homework per night. Sophomore year, where I am now, has been the first significant jump in workload for me, as it has been much more difficult than the past two years. Covington Latin School is definitely not for everyone, but if you are bored in the majority of your classes, I would definitely recommend at least checking it out.
Great overall school, there is always someone to hang-out with and the teachers are great at working with both the class and individual students. The sports may not look great on paper but they form the same strong bonds found in the various clubs. Covington Latin stays with its roots as a Catholic School with weekly masses and Theology classes every year. The only drawback is that classes are demanding, but that will pay off in the form of college scholarships and other opportunities later in life.