Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Covington Community High School is a public school located in Covington, IN. It has 280 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Covington Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+67 Students
- A40 Students
- A+40 Students
- B27 Students
- B18 Students
- B17 Students
- A-16 Students
- B+16 Students
- C-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Covington Community High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Covington Community High School
- CAttica High School
- Attica Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 30 reviews
- BSeeger Memorial Junior/Senior High School
- Metropolitan School District of Warren County, IN
- 66 reviews
- B-Westville High School
- Westville Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 32 reviews
- C+Fountain Central High School
- Southeast Fountain School Corporation, IN
- 69 reviews
Covington Community High School Reviews
It is a great small-town school that gives you a personal experience with teachers and staff. This school is supported by an outstanding community that is very involved. If there is a need that arises the community and parents always fulfill the needs that arise. I have found a great community to grow up in and learn great social skills. With such an involved community, I have met and experienced many people who I would not have otherwise. Academics are great here with qualified teachers. The teachers always make sure to meet the students where they are academically and help them improve from there.
Covington has great schools and great teachers. The school offers a nice amount of extracurricular activities for being such a small school. Sports teams are successful. The band does a great job. Some students have the opportunity to go to France for a month in the summer. The special education program is amazing, and some other area schools even send some special needs students to Covington. Covington is consistently one of the strongest schools in their conference both academically and athletically.
Covington High School has bestowed a lot of friendships and relationships upon me over the past four years. I love how everyone is close and how you can form a friendly relationship with teachers, and they know you by name. I would change the fact that some teachers are bias toward certain students, especially the coaches and their players.