Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Coventry High School is a public school located in Coventry, RI. It has 1,475 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Coventry High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B446 Students
- B-199 Students
- B-113 Students
- B84 Students
- C82 Students
- A+76 Students
- B-75 Students
- A-73 Students
- B+63 Students
- A63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 109 responses
- Spirit Week28%
- Class Day18%
- Sports Games13%
- School plays8%
- Sports Practices8%
- World language6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Coventry High School
- B+West Warwick High School
- West Warwick Public Schools, RI
- 110 reviews
- C+Pilgrim High School
- Warwick Public Schools, RI
- 233 reviews
- BChariho High School
- Chariho Regional School District, RI
- 234 reviews
- CProvidence Career Technical
- Providence Public Schools, RI
- 61 reviews
Coventry High School Reviews
Coventry Highschool allowed me to connect too many of my peers I otherwise would not have the chance too. I am involved in extracurricular such as NHS and many teachers are fantastic people. Administration do their best and the food is average-poor in quality. Clubs and programs are abundant with many diverse activities to choose from if the student wishes. Not many students are pushed very much to do so however and many clubs have little membership. School spirit is high and can be seen at the sport games. The programs of sciences and arts is fairly developed allowing students to find their passion if they wish to do so. Coventry High does a fairly adequate job at preparing students for college. School policies are both lenient and strict, the administration need a way to keep the regular consistent rules in place while letting students feel a semblance of freedom at the same time.
In high school I would have classified myself as an outsider. I didn't have many friends out side of my core group of close companions. I did not date and I was not sociable or academic by any means. I was a quiet artistic type who had a particular interest in filmmaking. This interest was not something I could explore to much in school, as my school did not offer more then a single course about discussion film. However that did not stop me from exploring this field, which has carried me into today, where I run a YouTube channel creating weekly content and work as a freelancer in video production and editing.
Coventry High School is a typical high school with mediocre classes and students that could use some tips in manners. The only negative side to this school is all of the hicks that attend and drive their stupid trucks through the parking lots, making an unnecessary amount of noise. The best part of the school, however, are the teachers who run all of the courses plus activities after school hours. They're incredible and deserve a lot of appreciation!