County Prep High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jersey City, NJ. It has 782 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
525 Montgomery Street
Jersey City, NJ 07306
County Prep High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A211 Students
- B+177 Students
- A-132 Students
- A+127 Students
- B-126 Students
- B+108 Students
- B-99 Students
- A-91 Students
- B-71 Students
- A+68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 83 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like County Prep High School
- A+High Tech High School
- Public School
- N Bergen, NJ
- 272 reviews
- NGKnowledge Advanced Skills
- Public School
- North Bergen, NJ
- ABergenfield High School
- Bergenfield Borough School District, NJ
- 198 reviews
- A-Queens Metropolitan High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 28, NY
- 206 reviews
County Prep High School Reviews
County Prep HS is a place of opportunity. Here you can explore various interests, such as theatre, music production, culinary, medical science, psychology, business, you name it! This school is very lively and big on diversity, our lenient dress code let's us dress in whatever you want, however you want (the food is pretty delicious too). You will always find a teacher that you can relate to, I have several that I look up to, each one is different in both their personality and their efficient ways of teaching. Our guidance counselors AND school therapists are good resources if you have any questions or doubts, because everyone here just wants to see you succeed, and will be helpful as long as you are willing to put in the effort as well. Overall, I couldn’t find myself in a school better than County Prep, because of the creative leg room they give you and for the opportunities they offer! If you’re a NJ student who is very ambitious and wants to reach for the stars, consider us!
I've attended County Prep High School for 4 years and to be completely honest, I've had such a good experience. When you picture high school, you usually picture kids being bullied and what not. County Prep is probably the safest school you can attend, it's the most diverse, and I've learned so much from attending here. I've gotten really comfortable here to the point where I'm close with a few of my teachers and I'm involved in school clubs while also paying close attention to my school work.
The teachers are very nice and friendly, and the overall atmosphere is great. There is also a lot of diversity. The cafeteria food is amazing. However, there aren't a lot of ordinary clubs, such as Robotics. CPHS also does not have organized sports, which is a huge drawback. They do offer college classes, though, so that is a helpful benefit. The security guards are very strict with IDs, which is very reassuring with everything going on. They are also friendly and easy going. Most of the other students are also engaging, cheerful, and positive.