County Prep High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jersey City, NJ. It has 838 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
County Prep High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A267 Students
- B217 Students
- A-177 Students
- B-167 Students
- A+158 Students
- B+142 Students
- A-130 Students
- C+121 Students
- A+93 Students
- C+92 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 107 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like County Prep High School
- A+High Tech High School
- Public School
- N Bergen, NJ
- 312 reviews
- NGKnowledge Advanced Skills
- Public School
- North Bergen, NJ
- ABergenfield High School
- Bergenfield Borough School District, NJ
- 220 reviews
- A-Queens Metropolitan High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 28, NY
- 223 reviews
County Prep High School Reviews
I'm a rising senior in County Prep and honestly, I've enjoyed my time here. County Prep has a wide range of diversity and is accepting of all backgrounds. We have classes here that can accommodate all students, including inclusion classes for those with special needs. The guidance counselors try to help every student and do their best to challenge all students and work with those who learn differently into regular classes eventually if they can. The teachers also do an outstanding job of enforcing student involvement in class with group projects, class discussions, and presentations where everyone is involved. Our teachers are also involved in a lot of our clubs, including Poetry Club and the Debate Club, which teaches us all to have a voice and respect each other. The school culture is absolutely amazing as everyone participates in activities such as Spirit Week, festivals, and various sales. I just adore it.
County Prep HS is a place of opportunity. Here you can explore various interests, such as theatre, music production, culinary, medical science, psychology, business, you name it! This school is very lively and big on diversity, our lenient dress code let's us dress in whatever you want, however you want (the food is pretty delicious too). You will always find a teacher that you can relate to, I have several that I look up to, each one is different in both their personality and their efficient ways of teaching. Our guidance counselors AND school therapists are good resources if you have any questions or doubts, because everyone here just wants to see you succeed, and will be helpful as long as you are willing to put in the effort as well. Overall, I couldn’t find myself in a school better than County Prep, because of the creative leg room they give you and for the opportunities they offer! If you’re a NJ student who is very ambitious and wants to reach for the stars, consider us!
There are few teachers who actually try in this school and most of them teach English or Math. Everyone else just doesn't care. The vocations kind of separate the students from knowing one another. I've heard lots of complaints about several smaller vocation teachers. I enjoyed my time there because I was able to find friends that helped make my high school experience fun but most people I know couldn't wait to get out. There's also a vaping problem with a lot of the students. They occasionally vape in the bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms. Some even manage to vape in the gym because there's so many students and not enough teachers to keep track of those students.