Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Council Rock High School - South is a highly rated, public school located in Holland, PA. It has 2,039 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Council Rock High School - South Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+416 Students
- grade A minus415 Students
- grade A310 Students
- grade A minus252 Students
- grade B194 Students
- grade A+182 Students
- grade A128 Students
- grade B116 Students
- grade B minus106 Students
- grade A+106 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 124 responses
- Blue white and gold night23%
- Football games14%
- The plays by Golden Wings Theater Company14%
- Fall Festival12%
- Winter Ball12%
- We are having a Mini-THON, which is pretty cool5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 42 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 64 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$23,423 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 70 responses
Schools like Council Rock High School - South
- grade A+Council Rock High School - North
- Council Rock School District, PA
- Rating 4 out of 5 282 reviews
- grade A+Hopewell Valley Central High School
- Hopewell Valley Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 4.01 out of 5 172 reviews
- grade A+Lower Moreland High School
- Lower Moreland Township School District, PA
- Rating 4 out of 5 130 reviews
- grade A+Moorestown High School
- Moorestown Township Public School District, NJ
- Rating 4 out of 5 212 reviews
Council Rock High School - South Reviews
Rating 3.99 out of 5 417 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I personally enjoyed my four years at Council Rock High School - South. It was a rather pleasant experience, and I became friends with many of the teachers/staff there. What I found fascinating was the fact that the school had a club dedicated to serving the Super Smash Bros. fan base; I enjoyed that a lot, and my time playing a prominent role in that club is unforgettable! I just wish the administration wasn't so politically biased. I learned about how left-leaning it was after having read the latter pages of the school's yearbook (2018-2019). The only well-known people that were given any positive tribute or credit for anything good they did for society were all prominent, left-winged bureaucrats who held liberal worldviews and were unsparingly critical of our president. No mention of any of the good things Trump has done for our country, but they felt the need to pay tribute to ex-president Obama and other incorrigible libs such as Pelosi. Prejudice much?
The best thing about Council Rock South has been the connections I have made with the other students. I have been a part of the award winning marching band for three years there so far, and the friendships I have made within that group of kids are everlasting. The teachers are also very helpful, and the respect I have for them is extraordinary. There are few things that do need improving, as every school needs improvement, but the details are minimal, such as the school lunches. Overall I will miss being at South when the time comes!
The experience at Council Rock South is interesting. The school is filled with students that may not be welcoming or kind. But if you are transitioning into this school, it should not be an issue to find a good group of friends. If you join a club or school sport, that group of kids will stick with you throughout your high school experience. As for the teachers, it is hard to tell. Who you get as a teacher is more of a hit or miss situation. There is a vast variety of teaching techniques, so getting a teacher that works teaches in the style that you learn is hard. Also, some teachers are hard and rude, while others are sweet and compassionate. It really depends on the luck of your year. For diversity, it’s nonexistent. Though, the resources that the school gives the students is extraordinary. There are multiple databases, books, or even tutors that are at every students access.