Council Rock High School - South is a highly rated, public school located in Holland, PA. It has 2,045 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Council Rock High School - South Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-373 Students
- A+359 Students
- A261 Students
- A-221 Students
- B171 Students
- A+165 Students
- A112 Students
- B106 Students
- B-95 Students
- A+90 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 120 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Schools like Council Rock High School - South
- A+Council Rock High School - North
- Council Rock School District, PA
- 269 reviews
- A+Hopewell Valley Central High School
- Hopewell Valley Regional School District, NJ
- 161 reviews
- A+Lower Moreland High School
- Lower Moreland Township School District, PA
- 117 reviews
- A+Moorestown High School
- Moorestown Township Public School District, NJ
- 201 reviews
Council Rock High School - South Reviews
I personally enjoyed my four years at Council Rock High School - South. It was a rather pleasant experience, and I became friends with many of the teachers/staff there. What I found fascinating was the fact that the school had a club dedicated to serving the Super Smash Bros. fan base; I enjoyed that a lot, and my time playing a prominent role in that club is unforgettable! I just wish the administration wasn't so politically biased. I learned about how left-leaning it was after having read the latter pages of the school's yearbook (2018-2019). The only well-known people that were given any positive tribute or credit for anything good they did for society were all prominent, left-winged bureaucrats who held liberal worldviews and were unsparingly critical of our president. No mention of any of the good things Trump has done for our country, but they felt the need to pay tribute to ex-president Obama and other incorrigible libs such as Pelosi. Prejudice much?
The best thing about Council Rock South has been the connections I have made with the other students. I have been a part of the award winning marching band for three years there so far, and the friendships I have made within that group of kids are everlasting. The teachers are also very helpful, and the respect I have for them is extraordinary. There are few things that do need improving, as every school needs improvement, but the details are minimal, such as the school lunches. Overall I will miss being at South when the time comes!
As a senior in highschool who has attended council rock since I was 5, I believe Council Rock is a great environment! The staff is more than willing to assist and make accommodations for all of their students. Majority of teachers love their jobs, and are very passionate. Council Rock gives their students amazing opportunities through clubs, trips and experiences. South is a beautiful building, very well taken care of with potential to allow students to learn and grow.