Council Rock High School - South Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+230 Students
- A-211 Students
- A148 Students
- A-132 Students
- A+118 Students
- B+95 Students
- A73 Students
- A+61 Students
- B58 Students
- B-56 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 75 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Council Rock High School - South
- A+Council Rock High School - North
- Council Rock School District, PA
- 219 reviews
- A+Hopewell Valley Central High School
- Hopewell Valley Regional School District, NJ
- 130 reviews
- A+Lower Moreland High School
- Lower Moreland Township School District, PA
- 96 reviews
- A+Moorestown High School
- Moorestown Township Public School District, NJ
- 163 reviews
Council Rock High School - South Reviews
Review Council Rock High School - South
I moved to Council Rock High School South a week before freshman year started. The school is very large in population so it was intimidating for a new student, but I found my home in the school orchestra. Because of the orchestra, I had the opportunity to travel locally, nationally, and internationally throughout my four years. The ensemble built my confidence and developed my personality. The orchestra is not the only group to have such incredible experiences. The choir, band, art department, and athletics department also have their own opportunities. The school, however, still has its flaws. As a school in a predominantly white, upper-middle class district, racial and LGBT minorities can feel isolated and indirectly targeted by the majority. At the end of my junior year and the beginning of senior year, hate crimes occurred. While the school district attempted to gather information of the school environment from the teachers and students, no significant changes were made.
Council Rock South has a welcoming and friendly environment. The students here are kind, considerate, and ready to help when they can. The teachers are also very helpful and have the students' best interests at hand. School spirit here is very strong and student involvement in school activities is outstanding. The only problem is there are teachers who involve their opinions in their teachings instead of remaining unbiased. Council Rock South is the most prideful school in the Council Rock School District.
My experience in high school was excellent due to the awesome faculty and staff at South. I made a lot of friends through sports, classes, and other extra-curricular activities; however, I only made it through and on to college because of my teachers and the great staff of CR South. I would not be able to succeed in college without their assistance. Otherwise, I enjoyed my time at South and will never forget. I had some of my greatest memories during those 4 years.