Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Council Grove Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Council Grove, KS. It has 330 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Council Grove Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A48 Students
- B46 Students
- B-23 Students
- B22 Students
- A-16 Students
- C+12 Students
- B11 Students
- A7 Students
- C+7 Students
- A7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Council Grove Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Council Grove Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I went to school my senior year. The school was very nice and always super clean. We have a very good wrestling team. Unfortunately, our football is not that good and neither is our basketball teams. We have several clubs to chose from. I was part of FCCLA, I unfortunately never made it to any of the conferences. I was Vice President of the newest clubs, HOSA. I loves HOSA so much and am so sad I did not get to go to the spring conference. My favorite teachers we Mr Carter and Ms Coover. They were amazing and always went out of there way to make us feel welcomed. Overall, I don’t have much to complain about. The only thing I would want to fix is the food. The serving sizes need to be much bigger and much more healthy. The student musicals and plays were always fun to attend. The talent show put on by the business class was always so fun. My favorite act was the teachers playing family feud. Our administration was always so helpful with anything we did or needed help with.
At Council Grove High school everyone is friendly. If you enjoy knowing everyone and being in a small class come to CG. We all appreciate each other and the hallways are friendly. The only downside to this school is it is either always way to cold or always way to hot. There isn't ever a happy medium for us students. The staff is great and know what they are doing. Some of the students are loud and obnoxious, but they get there work done. The school is very safe and on high security and that is always a plus when your child could be at risk. We don't have much here at Council Grove but our talents and education are great.
I liked the small school experience. Everyone knew me and kept me accountable for my actions. However, I wasn't challenged intellectually since there were very few options for advanced courses.