Cottonwood High School is an above average, public school located in Salt Lake City, UT. It has 1,768 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 28% in reading.
Cottonwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A488 Students
- B+287 Students
- C+274 Students
- B-194 Students
- B+164 Students
- A+141 Students
- C+139 Students
- B115 Students
- C+105 Students
- C+75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Cottonwood High School Reviews
I love Cottonwood. Despite my immense stress-load, I found that my teachers genuinely care about my success. For example, I had an AP Language teacher last year whole would have us schedule appointments with her so she could get to know us as individuals, and help us improve as students. This helped me so much! Additionally, I love the students at Cottonwood. I am very involved in sports, music, and academic clubs which have allowed me to get to know so many students who have now become my close friends!
Cottonwood is an amazing school! There is a very diverse population, people and refugees from all over the world speaking over seventy different languages. I have learned how to include and accept people from all religions, races, and ethnicities, try to get them involved, and help them feel welcome in our school community. We constantly hold events that celebrate our diversity and highlight various cultures and their traditions. I love hearing their stories and learning from them to help me change my view of the world and to discover new things. We have a well recognized music program as well as very dedicated sports teams. Overall Cottonwood high school is an amazing school full of talent and creativity.
Cottonwood isn't crazy about diversity, but we have many kids that are bussed up from the Taylorsville area and others. This increases the diversity as a whole. The sport that does the best is currently Baseball. They have all sorts of clubs and activities ranging from sports to Theatre, KPOP Club and many others. They have great resources in their classes including materials for projects and art supplies. If you're thinking about going here. I highly recommend it!