Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Cotter High School is a public school located in Cotter, AR. It has 331 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-57 Students
- B55 Students
- B50 Students
- B47 Students
- A-44 Students
- C+25 Students
- A-19 Students
- B+16 Students
- A12 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Cotter High School
Cotter High School Reviews
Cotter high school is a good school for students who prefer a small community and small school. In my graduating class, there was a little over 30. There is no diversity at this school so I would love to see that change. The population of the school is white predominant. The teachers at this school are sweet but may pick favorites A LOT. If you aren't a favorite or popular, expect the teachers and students to not always favor you as much as they do their other students. There are not many options for clubs or extra curricular activities because it is such a small school. They also don't have many sports, such as football or soccer.
Cotter High School has a very friendly and close-knit atmosphere, however I feel that Cotter does not challenge its students enough and leaves them unprepared for college. They do not have many options as far as courses go, and the student is often faced with figuring things out themselves if they plan on attending college after high school.
I liked the communication that the students could have with the teachers, staff, and the principle or super intendent most of the time. I feel like my favorite part of going to Cotter is the amount of different extracurricular activities their are. You can be in whatever sport or atheletic team you want to be in without being judge. Even if you aren't good at the sport or your physical ability to play the sport.