Cottage Grove High School is an above average, public school located in Cottage Grove, OR. It has 774 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Cottage Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-185 Students
- A-159 Students
- C125 Students
- B-77 Students
- B73 Students
- B-45 Students
- B+37 Students
- A37 Students
- A+27 Students
- B+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Cottage Grove High School
- NGAl Kennedy Alternative High School
- South Lane School District, OR
- 3 reviews
- C+Creswell High School
- Creswell School District, OR
- 43 reviews
- B-Pleasant Hill High School
- Pleasant Hill School District, OR
- 24 reviews
- CLowell Junior/Senior High School
- Lowell School District, OR
- 36 reviews
Cottage Grove High School Reviews
Cottage grove high school is a beautiful place. The staff is outstanding. Never have I felt so loved and supported by so many teachers consistently. There’s not a single staff member there who isn’t full of positivity and helpfulness and sincerity in their teaching. I’m so lucky to have been a student at such a wonderful place! And the classes there! So much variety, so many programs unavailable to other schools in the area. Truly can not recommend this school enough!
I am a current student at CGHS and have been for a bit over a year. My experience altogether has been a good one; most of the teachers genuinely care about their students and their success and the school has a fairly accepting environment to it. I feel like most students feel like they at least somewhat belong somewhere there, at least as much as high school students can. The administration could use some work though. Certain administrators do not work well with the students or parents/guardians of students and are dishonest, disrespectful, and unfair. Many students have opinions differing from mine due to other personal experiences that have been negative, ie: experiences in certain classes/with certain teachers, or experiences with the administration. The only negative experiences I've had have been with the administration.
There's a certain appeal to a small school: you know everyone, and everyone knows you. However, that can also be the downfall. For the most part, I see it as a positive aspect; it gives me an opportunity to feel like a part of a tight-knit community, and I can interact with a variety of people from day-to-day. The teachers are fantastic, and I've had only a few problems with the administration.