Corunna High School is a public school located in Corunna, MI. It has 776 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Corunna High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A107 Students
- A+63 Students
- B60 Students
- B-56 Students
- B53 Students
- B+49 Students
- B43 Students
- B+41 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Corunna High School Reviews
What I loved about corunna High school was the opportunity to be involved in a lot of community projects, with many people that I knew, and did not know. I also had the wonderful chance to dual enroll, so I could get college credit whole in high school. What would enhance my experience or possibly others, would be an auditiorium for our wonderful band program, or our dance team and choir. Sometimes the gym just does not project sound right, or there is no room! So I think that tiny little addition would open it up to more programs and help the current ones flourish.
Corunna High School is a semi-rural school right smack in the middle of southern lower Michigan. It's a great community school with wonderful teachers and a great counseling staff. Our administrators work very hard for the students of this community. In fact, our current superintendent is a former graduate of Corunna High School. It is not uncommon to see our school principal cruising the halls in the morning and talking with the students. All of the teachers and employees are approachable and helpful, putting the students needs first. The security here is very good for a small rural school, the administration takes the students safety seriously here in our community. The close family feel of this public school system makes me feel as though there is nowhere else I would rather go to school.
Friends, teachers and small town environment. I like that our administrators get out and support kids at sporting events. And not just sports, they attend art shows, fund raisers, dances, etc. My teachers have also made themselves available before or after school if I need extra help, which I have, especially in math. One year my principal went out and cleared all of the snow off student's cars after it snowed all day. Then he stood outside and told everyone to drive safely. Corunna has given me the opportunity to be duel enrolled at Baker College. I have loved my health science class at Baker. When I graduate, I'll be eligible to take the EMT examination and work in my field, all throughout college. Not all high schools offer this to their students. I'm so happy that Corunna works with their community to provide these opportunities.