Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Coronado High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Lubbock, TX. It has 2,137 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Coronado High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-549 Students
- B-298 Students
- A+177 Students
- A+150 Students
- B+119 Students
- B118 Students
- B112 Students
- A103 Students
- B+87 Students
- A78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Coronado High School
- C+Matthews Learning Center/New Directions
- Lubbock Independent School District, TX
- B-New Deal High School
- New Deal Independent School District, TX
- 52 reviews
- B-Slaton High School
- Slaton Independent School District, TX
- 62 reviews
- BRoosevelt High School
- Roosevelt Independent School District, TX
- 35 reviews
Coronado High School Reviews
Coronado High School is a great place to build relationships and help students learn new things. Through the various clubs, organizations, and classes provided by the school, students are able to pursue their goals and have fun with friends in their extra-curriculars. The teachers want students to succeed and will do whatever they can to make sure that they understand what they need to know. Through a variety of courses offered, students can have classes that fit with their learning styles and that will help them be successful. The school is open to any student who wishes to go there, and different programs have allowed more people to participate by getting interpreters for the deaf, and classes that are open to anybody. Coronado helps students develop character and lets them learn skills that will help them throughout their life. Coronado has helped me become a better person by presenting me with challenges and giving me a place to grow as a person.
Coronado high school is not your average public school. The way the school is run is very flawed. From what I hear mostly every student despite Coronado. However, for some reason my experience was different from the rest. Maybe I was just lucky but every faculty member I met, that worked in Coronado high school, was extraordinarily kind. The reason why my experience with Coronado high school is very good is because of the faculty. The school itself fails in comparison with the people they have working for it. My teachers would help me with studying and my anxiety. I remember my geography teacher last year stayed after school with me till six a clock to help me understand and deal with my anxiety. The teachers try to help the students more than just academically. They actually care about the students' will being. Yes, the bathrooms are terribly dirty all the time, and for some reason you're not allowed to use the restroom during class. But, the teachers try, and that's enough for me.
My experience here at Coronado High School has been exceptional! The teachers here are very supportive of the student's success and they are understanding when a student is behind due to extracurriculars and other academics. One aspect about Coronado HS is the grading process for student's GPA. A student who is actively involved and has exceptional grades may not be considered to be in the top 10%; however a student who is the opposite is because of their WEIGHTED classes. Something must be done about this.