Corona Del Mar High School Reviews

I believe that Corona del Mar High School has a very conducive learning environment that enables students to grow and prosper both academically and athletically.
Corona Del Mar gave my son a solid foundation and allowed him be ready for college. They offer a variety of AP courses, their sports programs are top notch and competitive and parents are involved and supportive of the school.
Overall, I have loved my experience at CDM. If you find the right people, it's great. However, the social scene is extremely difficult. The classes are hard but manageable if you are a really hard worker.
Start Your Review of Corona Del Mar High School
Great teachers and counselors to help you excel towards college, but the social scene can be a lot. There is a lot of underage drinking, and a lot of privileged families don't care to stop their children. But overall, it was a positive experience because of the academic success that the school provides.
Great school with emphasis on being successful & attending college. The student culture can be clicky if you don’t fit in. Fabulous principal & staff. Sports are encouraged & they have successful teams with great coaches.
I am challenged by the academic rigor. I enjoy playing sports with my friends. The teachers are fair and knowledgeable in the subjects they teach. I like going to school. I like that the school year starts in September after Labor Day. I like ski week and that spring break is around Chochella.
Corona del Mar is a great place to prep scholars for college. There is a huge emphasis on doing well academically, which can also put a lot of pressure on students to compete. While our sports are good, we don't normally have a lot of turn-out at games, but many people are involved in teams and clubs. Overall, it has been a great experience and has prepped me well for college.
No school is perfect, and there are plenty of improvements to be made (in mental health support for example, middle school culture, administration's relationship with students). However, there are ample opportunities to get involved in what you're interested in. The general vibe is that the academic pressure can be oppressive at times.
Patrick Turner took his own life because of the school and another kid threatened to shoot up the school. Hope the community finally realizes how horrible of a school cdm is and that most students dread it everyday.
From what I’ve learned at CDM, the only decent thing about it is the challenging academics. Cdm is a hard school, especially for new kids. It’s known to be a cliquey, excluding school. Lots of pressure is put on kids and many teachers make it a discomforting environment, at least for me. There is also a lot of bullying nobody addresses. For example, on the high school facility walls I constantly see mean comments and random drawing of juuls. Which brings me you my other point, it’s hard to be socially accepted there. Everyone’s so comfortable in their own groups that they can’t think about the people around them. Ever since I came to CDM i’ve felt nothing but alone and empty. There’s nothing for me to look forward to every day, nothing will change. If you’re considering sending your kid here, please don’t.
worst school i’ve ever been to. many kids
really hate their lives at that school. especially if they threaten to shoot up the school and even take their own life. i have no motivation to go to school anymore. the school pretend like they’re going to actually change, but everything is the same. kids still bully, bring others down, make offensive jokes, etc. everyone’s fake. a lot of the teachers i have make every day dreadful for me. not sure why everyone thinks it’s so great. most people i know hate it unless they’re popular, smart, athletic and have a lot of money.
Corona Del Mar High School is a place where you are able to find who you are; with the help of your peers as well as the staff.
Corona del Mar is a pretty average school. The academics are decent while the sport are very excellent. There is very little diversity of different races and friend groups. Kids are pretty cliquey and it is pretty hard to make new friends as a new kid transferring.
I like Corona del Mar because of the variety of courses available for students. Also, the teachers are all willing to help you achieve the best grade and understanding.
Corona Del Mar High School provides plentiful opportunities to challenge yourself with rigorous courses taught by a faculty of very well-educated teachers. The school also provides many opportunities to join or create clubs and to join strong athletic programs. However, there are some teachers that do not fit this standard at the school, and more variety in courses would be appreciated.
CDM Is a very competitive school that encourages diversity and kindness around campus. Yet, sometimes contains exclusion.
Very good school, rigorous classes and very good teachers. I enjoyed going here very much, would recommend 10/10.
Start Your Review of Corona Del Mar High School
Once you find your passion/calling at CdM, it's an amazing school. My passion was choir, and joining the choir department at CdM was the best decision I made throughout high school. The Arts here are fantastic and really allow you to develop your performance skills.

From an academic standpoint, there are a variety of honors and AP courses that students can take. AP classes are difficult, especially if the teachers are mediocre or hard to work with, but AP exams are usually easy because of the level of preparation done in each class.

CdM does a great job of giving you as many opportunities as possible, you just have to go and take them!
I am currently a high school senior at Corona Del Mar High School. I truly believe that this school gave me enormous opportunities and I took advantage of many of them. However, many of the factors that influence your high school experience depends on the steps you take and the person you are. I can't speak for all high schools, but at Corona Del Mar, it is imperative that you take initiative for your academic and extracurricular career. Perhaps the most prominent example of this is with teachers. There are good and bad teachers at every high school. However, talking to juniors and seniors is a good way to gauge how good a class is, and how good the teacher is at teaching. How much you enjoy learning in a class and become motivated to study is largely influenced by the teacher and so I went out my way to take AP classes (AP classes tend to have better teachers), and sign up for courses with well-loved teachers.
I love CDM! This school has given me the opportunity to thrive and make many new friends along the way. This school has great academics and athletics.