Corona Del Mar High School Reviews

Corona del Mar is a pretty average school. The academics are decent while the sport are very excellent. There is very little diversity of different races and friend groups. Kids are pretty cliquey and it is pretty hard to make new friends as a new kid transferring.
I like Corona del Mar because of the variety of courses available for students. Also, the teachers are all willing to help you achieve the best grade and understanding.
Corona Del Mar High School provides plentiful opportunities to challenge yourself with rigorous courses taught by a faculty of very well-educated teachers. The school also provides many opportunities to join or create clubs and to join strong athletic programs. However, there are some teachers that do not fit this standard at the school, and more variety in courses would be appreciated.
Start Your Review of Corona Del Mar High School
CDM Is a very competitive school that encourages diversity and kindness around campus. Yet, sometimes contains exclusion.
Very good school, rigorous classes and very good teachers. I enjoyed going here very much, would recommend 10/10.
Once you find your passion/calling at CdM, it's an amazing school. My passion was choir, and joining the choir department at CdM was the best decision I made throughout high school. The Arts here are fantastic and really allow you to develop your performance skills.

From an academic standpoint, there are a variety of honors and AP courses that students can take. AP classes are difficult, especially if the teachers are mediocre or hard to work with, but AP exams are usually easy because of the level of preparation done in each class.

CdM does a great job of giving you as many opportunities as possible, you just have to go and take them!
I am currently a high school senior at Corona Del Mar High School. I truly believe that this school gave me enormous opportunities and I took advantage of many of them. However, many of the factors that influence your high school experience depends on the steps you take and the person you are. I can't speak for all high schools, but at Corona Del Mar, it is imperative that you take initiative for your academic and extracurricular career. Perhaps the most prominent example of this is with teachers. There are good and bad teachers at every high school. However, talking to juniors and seniors is a good way to gauge how good a class is, and how good the teacher is at teaching. How much you enjoy learning in a class and become motivated to study is largely influenced by the teacher and so I went out my way to take AP classes (AP classes tend to have better teachers), and sign up for courses with well-loved teachers.
I love CDM! This school has given me the opportunity to thrive and make many new friends along the way. This school has great academics and athletics.
Corona Del Mar is a high school that is filled with amazing teachers in every class. I had teachers that went above and beyond every day for every student.
Corona Del Mar High School has been my school for the past four years, as it also offers seventh and eighth grade. I can say I've grown over the years, but that includes much difficulty with several bad teachers and below average grades because of this. The school has a bad reputation on the news with several scandals such as cheating and drafting women for prom. With all this, CDM still manages to have great academics and strong athletes. Unfortunately, they focus on these subjects and don't pay much attention to the arts. My wish would be for CDM to engage more with the students and try to make school more enjoyable and friendly, as it is Newport Beach and "fitting in" can be a definite struggle.
The teachers do not truly care about student results or how well they are learning, they are more focused on if they keep there ten-year and don't get fired. The Principle is rude and insults students. Also, I believe that all she cares about is publicity. Definitely not the best school but academics are tough and challenging, just there is no one who cares enough to push you.
CdM is a challenging and rigorous school if you choose to take AP and Honors courses. We are fortunate to have massive funding from generous families that allows for state-of-the art sports and technological facilities, including iPads, computers,and tablets, as well as Smart Board projectors in every class. CdM is a very competitive (but not cutthroat) school, full of high-achieving and successful students, but there's a place for everyone. Athletics are regarded highly, as well as school spirit and attendance at sporting events, but with the brand new arts building and theater, there's been an increase in popularity for the arts. Despite what the media is saying, the majority of CdM students are not drunk, entitled jerks (although there are a fair few) and simply want to make the most of their middle and high school experience
Mostly excellent teachers who care about student success. Curriculum is challenging if you choose honors or AP classes. Contrary to media reports, we aren't all alcoholics or drug addicts. Our parents care about our well-being and success. The school culture is great, too. A handful of students have a certain extracurricular that they are excellent at, from music to sports. Lastly, the students are smart, and the teachers help them become smarter. Those who want to challenge themselves have the opportunity to do so.
Like most schools, life at CdM is what you make of it. I was happy to find great friends, smart teachers, excellent classes, and incredible extra-curriculars throughout my high school career. I felt well-prepared for college, and really enjoyed my time at this fantastic school.
This school is very rigorous and constantly challenged me when it came to academics and sports. Students are pushed by parents, teachers, and peers, and each individual seems to have a strong support system behind them hoping only for the best. Most students are able to be involved in various groups on campus and express their interests as such. The high level at which we learn and train definitely prepares us for college
Very great academically and is ranked well
Very good and they were always available.
Start Your Review of Corona Del Mar High School
I participated in a lot of extracurricular activities and they were all fun and engaging.
Very fun and I made life-long friends here.
I loved all my teachers and they were very helpful