Corona Del Mar High School Reviews

It is a really good school. I really enjoyed my time throughout CDM. You will make tons of friends and everyone is really nice. Amazing school. If I had to do it again I would
I graduated from Corona Del Mar High School in 2017. Now, as a sophomore in college I appreciate all the tools that the academic environment and teachers provided me with to be prepared for my classes. However, the social atmosphere of the school is extremely competitive and it is difficult to make true friends. Some teachers were really great at being there for their students regarding both life and school problems, however some teachers didn't seem to care about their students. The clubs are great but there is little diversity at the school as most of the students are white and from affluent families.
Got me involved in a lot of extracurriculars while helping me get good grades! The teachers were always willing to help me on tough subjects and the administration is always friendly. Also all of the sport teams are highly ranked.
Start Your Review of Corona Del Mar High School
Corona del Mar High School was the best high school experience I could ask for and prepared me for college better than I could've ever imagined. The only downfall of CdM is the lack of diversity in both its faculty and student population. The majority of students come from wealthy, Caucasian families, leaving little room for others to feel as though they fit in.
I believe that Corona del Mar High School has a very conducive learning environment that enables students to grow and prosper both academically and athletically.
Corona Del Mar gave my son a solid foundation and allowed him be ready for college. They offer a variety of AP courses, their sports programs are top notch and competitive and parents are involved and supportive of the school.
Overall, I have loved my experience at CDM. If you find the right people, it's great. However, the social scene is extremely difficult. The classes are hard but manageable if you are a really hard worker.
Great teachers and counselors to help you excel towards college, but the social scene can be a lot. There is a lot of underage drinking, and a lot of privileged families don't care to stop their children. But overall, it was a positive experience because of the academic success that the school provides.
Great school with emphasis on being successful & attending college. The student culture can be clicky if you don’t fit in. Fabulous principal & staff. Sports are encouraged & they have successful teams with great coaches.
I am challenged by the academic rigor. I enjoy playing sports with my friends. The teachers are fair and knowledgeable in the subjects they teach. I like going to school. I like that the school year starts in September after Labor Day. I like ski week and that spring break is around Chochella.
Corona del Mar is a great place to prep scholars for college. There is a huge emphasis on doing well academically, which can also put a lot of pressure on students to compete. While our sports are good, we don't normally have a lot of turn-out at games, but many people are involved in teams and clubs. Overall, it has been a great experience and has prepped me well for college.
No school is perfect, and there are plenty of improvements to be made (in mental health support for example, middle school culture, administration's relationship with students). However, there are ample opportunities to get involved in what you're interested in. The general vibe is that the academic pressure can be oppressive at times.
Patrick Turner took his own life because of the school and another kid threatened to shoot up the school. Hope the community finally realizes how horrible of a school cdm is and that most students dread it everyday.
From what I’ve learned at CDM, the only decent thing about it is the challenging academics. Cdm is a hard school, especially for new kids. It’s known to be a cliquey, excluding school. Lots of pressure is put on kids and many teachers make it a discomforting environment, at least for me. There is also a lot of bullying nobody addresses. For example, on the high school facility walls I constantly see mean comments and random drawing of juuls. Which brings me you my other point, it’s hard to be socially accepted there. Everyone’s so comfortable in their own groups that they can’t think about the people around them. Ever since I came to CDM i’ve felt nothing but alone and empty. There’s nothing for me to look forward to every day, nothing will change. If you’re considering sending your kid here, please don’t.
worst school i’ve ever been to. many kids
really hate their lives at that school. especially if they threaten to shoot up the school and even take their own life. i have no motivation to go to school anymore. the school pretend like they’re going to actually change, but everything is the same. kids still bully, bring others down, make offensive jokes, etc. everyone’s fake. a lot of the teachers i have make every day dreadful for me. not sure why everyone thinks it’s so great. most people i know hate it unless they’re popular, smart, athletic and have a lot of money.
Corona Del Mar High School is a place where you are able to find who you are; with the help of your peers as well as the staff.
Corona del Mar is a pretty average school. The academics are decent while the sport are very excellent. There is very little diversity of different races and friend groups. Kids are pretty cliquey and it is pretty hard to make new friends as a new kid transferring.
Start Your Review of Corona Del Mar High School
I like Corona del Mar because of the variety of courses available for students. Also, the teachers are all willing to help you achieve the best grade and understanding.
Corona Del Mar High School provides plentiful opportunities to challenge yourself with rigorous courses taught by a faculty of very well-educated teachers. The school also provides many opportunities to join or create clubs and to join strong athletic programs. However, there are some teachers that do not fit this standard at the school, and more variety in courses would be appreciated.
CDM Is a very competitive school that encourages diversity and kindness around campus. Yet, sometimes contains exclusion.