Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Cornwall Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Windsor, NY. It has 1,118 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Cornwall Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-123 Students
- A+105 Students
- B+105 Students
- A+82 Students
- A-82 Students
- A+81 Students
- A76 Students
- B+69 Students
- B68 Students
- A-62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Cornwall Central High School
- AHendrick Hudson High School
- Hendrick Hudson Central School District, NY
- 170 reviews
- AHaldane High School
- Haldane Central School District, NY
- 55 reviews
- ALakeland High School
- Lakeland Central School District, NY
- PK, 9-12
- 173 reviews
- ASpackenkill High School
- Spackenkill Union Free School District, NY
- 147 reviews
Cornwall Central High School Reviews
I have appreciated my experience at CCHS there are so many adults and students in the building that you can trust. My peers at CCHS have given me character and have accepted me for who I am. CCHS also offers many extracurricular activities like sports, clubs, and organizations to get involved with to keep you busy. I am involved in a few of the clubs and organizations which I love because they have allowed me to create new friendships with people I never would have met otherwise. CCHS has also allowed me to pursue my dream in educating and helping other people by letting me plan Respect Week at our school which was held in February. The open-mindedness of the staff and faculty allowed me to bring an idea to life, and allowed it to be student run which you don't see very often. Students can be who they want to be, and bring their ideas to life at CCHS. Dragons strive for greatness!
I love it at my high school. Our curriculum is engaging, and I love how it encourages me to test my limits. The teachers are amazingly motivating, and always inquire as to how we are feeling on any given day. They truly care about our mental health. There is an even divide between funding to sports and music, which is extremely important to me.
I love a lot of things about Cornwall High school.Since freshman year I have always felt comfortable going there every single day for school.Everyone is taught to get a long with each other and there is never bullying taking place.Additionally I enjoy the love for sports our school has.On the other hand I feel that the teachers are always there to help you and they usually form strong relationships with individuals throughout the years.You aren’t just a random number in any of your classes.Also the school cafeteria has great food even when they are trying to keep everything very healthy.