Cornerstone Christian School Reviews

I TRANSFERRED TO CORNERSTONE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL AFTER THE SCHOOL I WENT TO, CALVARY, SHUT DOWN. THE FACULTY AT CORNERSTONE WAS SO NICE AND WELCOMING THAT IT FELT LIKE I HAD BEEN GOING THERE MY WHOLE LIFE. I PLAYED VOLLEYBALL WITH THEM AND THAT SEASON WE WON THE CIF SOUTHERN SECTION VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP! I HAD AN AMAZING SENIOR YEAR AT CORNERSTONE.
This school is very small with maybe 300 students in high school and is very limited in its extracurricular programs, clubs, etc. It has large cultural variety with a large amount of foreign exchange students. However, there is a limited amount of programs and classes to take part of. The sports program is good if playing soccer or volleyball, but there’s not many options for sports or other extracurricular activites.
I am homeschooled through Cornerstone through their PSP program. I mostly participate in their volleyball program so I do not know anything about their classes or education. I will say that the staff has been real nice to me whenever I have interacted with them. Also, Mrs. Kim is great. She is by far my favorite!
Start Your Review of Cornerstone Christian School
My experience about Cornerstone Christian School is that it is a pretty average yet a fun school, it is smaller than most schools around me. The athletics and activities have increased and decreased over the years, but they have always stuck around. I have done their theater program for 5 years, and I can still say that even though the program is diminishing a bit, it still goes on strong which in my opinion quite enjoy.
I have been going to this school for 5 years now and at first i loved it. It became kind of a second home to me and everyone there was a family to me. But when i realized that i was gay the constant homophobia had impacted me so much that i had become really suicidal because of it. The majority of the teachers don't do anything about homophobic remarks from students and they honestly don't care because "it's against the christian religion". This is extremely disgusting as I am also a christian but I'm gay. It disgusts me how the school doesn't care about there students and even teachers i've looked up to for years have made homophobic remarks that were really hurtful. It's hard for me to say these things about a place that was my home for years, but its the truth.
My experience at Cornerstone Christian School has had its pros and cons. Being such a small school, you grow to be a family, but of course you fight with your family and your family knows all of your business. But your family also cares and loves you and I can definitely feel that here at CCS. I also get to talk about God here and attend chapel once a week. Getting out of the classroom and being with my God is such a blessing.
The teachers,students and staff are good. The performing arts program is amazing. The annual plays are spectacular.
Cornerstone Christian School is a great place to send your child to school. I think that they have a great acidemic and performing arts program. The students are very well looked after and cared for.
I believe the dramatic arts is the best program at this school. The all school plays are very well produced and directed. The talent is awesome at this school.
the school does not tolerate any bullying or breach of security in the school. the school has a security guard that walks around the campus making sure no unwanted visitors arrive. the school in my opinion is extremely safe.
not a lot of after school activities that I know of other than the sports at the school, if their are any, I'm sure they are good.
the staff at the school are super sweet and friendly, some of the most friendly people I have met. its very different then normal public school. If I had the chance to do my k-12 school years again, I would do it again at this school.
The teachers I have are really good. they genuinely think about the student, and they always consider the students opinions.