Cornerstone Charter Academy is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Greensboro, NC. It has 949 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Cornerstone Charter Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+15 Students
- A-13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-10 Students
- A+9 Students
- B9 Students
- B-7 Students
- A+7 Students
- A6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Cornerstone Charter Academy Reviews
Love Cornerstone Charter! The school itself is spacious, new, clean and inviting. The student body is connected and inclusive, with ample opportunities for students to connect and interact in a positive way. The curriculum is tough, but the class sizes are small enough where the teachers can give individual attention to those who need it. The admins are visible and involved, and the PTO is active and thriving. Love the parental involvement, and that Cornerstone is a school that values that, along with teaching core principals and values to our children, as part of their overall education.
Cornerstone entered their brand new, top notch facility August 2016. It will grow to be a K-12 school in 2018/2019. Pillars include rigorous academics,character education and parental involvement. Teachers are dedicated, engaging and the turnover is low. Academics are rigorous with the addition of Honors and AP classes for each of the high school grades added, a move-up math program and challenging domains & vocabulary for elementary students in social studies and science. Highly active PTO with lots of opportunities for volunteering to support students, teachers/staff and a wonderful sense of "family" with school wide assemblies, activities and events! Our school places an emphasis on leadership through character education lessons and activities, volunteer opportunities in and outside of school and through our expanding athletic program.
I have been attending Cornerstone for 3 years and I believe I have learned a lot about becoming a leader and how by using my leadership qualities that I've learned about at Cornerstone can help people people in the world. They are very wonderful at helping their students achieve higher levels of education but they also help their students find their leadership styles to prepare for college and the real world. By Cornerstone helping me find my Leadership styles and learning styles, I have become a better person, a better leader, and I've gained lots of knowledge that will help me throughout college and life.