Corner High School is an above average, public school located in Dora, AL. It has 548 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Corner High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A139 Students
- A73 Students
- B-70 Students
- A59 Students
- B+58 Students
- B-54 Students
- B46 Students
- B43 Students
- B37 Students
- B36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Corner High School Reviews
Great school! Wonderful teachers. Classes and teachers prepare you for college. Lots of extracurricular activities to become involved in. New state of the art classrooms.
The academic opportunities given to students are good. The teachers care about the students a lot. The sports are not very good; they just aren’t taken very seriously in my opinion. There’s no diversity. It’s very safe, though. It has definitely prepared me for college and given me every resource I need for anything to come my way school wise.
Corner High School is a very mediocre school. Like any school, there is bullying and fights, but there are some good points. Corner has some of the best teachers you'll find, and one of the best principals I've ever met. The amount of good compared to the negativity is incomparable. The arts programs at Corner are highly ranked, while our athletics are also very important to the school. Corner allows all students to find a positive outlet into the real world.