Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Coretta Scott King Young Women's Leadership Academy is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 350 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Coretta Scott King Young Women's Leadership Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B125 Students
- A+84 Students
- B+79 Students
- C74 Students
- C+72 Students
- B-55 Students
- A+54 Students
- B+50 Students
- B-45 Students
- B-42 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Coretta Scott King Young Women's Leadership Academy Reviews
This school has the potential to be great. I just dont feel that the school gets very much support, so according some standards it lacks. If the school had more donors & recognition the students could have better opportunities to better their future. The support system lacks as well, kids make mistakes that's apart of life they just need guidance. If Coretta was supported like schools for example Westlake, the school could afford students a greater chance to be successful!
It's a great school. The building is beautiful and well kept for the most part. The majority of the girls are friendly and welcoming to new students. The teachers are very respectful, down to earth, and great listeners. The staff is all about achieving success while maintaining a balanced social, emotional, and learning environment. It is easy to learn and connect with teachers and students because Coretta is a small school. If a student needs help, the school provides a plethora of opportunities for students to get ahead, catch up on work, and/or gain further understanding of the work given.
Coretta Scott King Young Women’s Leadership Academy (CSKYWLA) is an all girls school. CSKYWLA is located in Atlanta, Georgia and strongly supports females of color. We are known for honoring Mrs. Coretta Scott King’s name, being a STEM school, and our 100% graduation rate. While being a student at CSKWYLA, you will learn life lessons, and how to be a responsible, elegant woman. Oh, did I also mention that CSKYWLA was on Good Morning America !