Coral Shores High School is a highly rated, public school located in Tavernier, FL. It has 728 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Coral Shores High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-94 Students
- A+91 Students
- A88 Students
- A58 Students
- A-51 Students
- A+48 Students
- B46 Students
- B+43 Students
- C34 Students
- C+27 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingC
- Good for FamiliesB
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Coral Shores High School Reviews
Coral Shores High School is great. It is diverse in culture with many Hispanics as well as Americans and even foreign students. Coral Shores High School embraces diversity fully and tries to provide the best education as possible.The faculty is very friendly and always tries to help each students succeed and go into their desired fields. I believe that Coral Shores prepares their students adequately for life after school and University as well. With its lush location in Tavernier with the ocean breeze, it is the perfect school for those ocean lovers. Coral Shores High School could upgrade their lunch menu to have a more diverse menu for more freedom to choose.
Campus is mostly outdoors, kinda unique, very humid. It’s always felt like there was a stronger focus on dresscode rather than education or student well being. Most teachers actually do care about students, however most of the incoming classes are comprised of absolute gremlins that ruin the experience of the whole school for everybody else. If you’re reading about this school to consider moving to the keys and looking for which school to enroll your child in- don’t bring them to the keys, go literally anywhere else. Iowa for god sake
I like the laid back style with the ability to learn in a stress free environment. The School heavily lacks diversity primarily white. The Administration cares more about setting examples of students rather than them just learning from the mistakes they have made. The school has a huge turnout for football and that is as far as the sports go, lack of funding hinders most of the others sports.