Coquille JR/SR High School is a public school located in Coquille, OR. It has 371 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Coquille JR/SR High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-56 Students
- A-54 Students
- A-41 Students
- B-31 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+20 Students
- B20 Students
- C-17 Students
- B+13 Students
- NG11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Coquille JR/SR High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Coquille JR/SR High School
- CMarshfield Senior High School
- Coos Bay School District, OR
- 130 reviews
- C-Myrtle Point High School
- Myrtle Point School District, OR
- 43 reviews
- C+North Bend Senior High School
- North Bend School District, OR
- 196 reviews
- B-Bandon Senior High School
- Bandon School District, OR
- 24 reviews
Coquille JR/SR High School Reviews
My overall experience with Coquille High School has been pretty good. The school is not very diverse, ethnically, and does not give the students in the area the diversity needed in the real world. However, the atmosphere in the school is loving and nourishing. The teachers all want you to succeed and are helping you to the best of their ability. My school also offers college classes through Southwestern Oregon Community College that are able to be taken at the high school. This is extremely beneficial to students trying to get ahead. Overall, Coquille High School was a great place to go to school and a good community to grow up in.
Coquille is a small high school, but very welcoming. The teachers are great about helping you with your work and making sure you are doing well. Some of the things that aren't great about this school is that it does not prepare students well for college. In most classes it is very easy for students to fail every test and still have an A in the class. Some students taking a collage foreign language course can't even speak one sentence of the language and fail everything, but because they can retake it all, they have As and Bs in the class.
My experience at Coquille jr/sr high was a lot of awful education and rude and judgmental people. There was actually multiple teachers that would go back and change your official trimester grade. There was even a teacher who accepted late homework from the previous year (so after summer at the start of the new term). They would go in and correct the grade. Not as a retake but completely and totally switch the final grade. The football games and school spirit were fun. But it all depended on if you fit in. For me I did for a little and then I began to become isolated.