Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Copley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Copley, OH. It has 983 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Copley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus219 Students
- grade A+201 Students
- grade B167 Students
- grade A minus150 Students
- grade A minus103 Students
- grade A minus100 Students
- grade A+73 Students
- grade B minus63 Students
- grade B58 Students
- grade A40 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 90 responses
- Copley vs. Revere Fooball Game21%
- Man of the year17%
- Man of the Year10%
- School plays and musicals8%
- Haunted Halls6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,718 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 33 responses
Schools like Copley High School
- grade ATwinsburg High School
- Twinsburg City School District, OH
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 283 reviews
- grade AStrongsville High School
- Strongsville City School District, OH
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 547 reviews
- grade A minusNordonia High School
- Nordonia Hills City School District, OH
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 250 reviews
- grade B+Brunswick High School
- Brunswick City School District, OH
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 430 reviews
Copley High School Reviews
Rating 3.88 out of 5 182 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The thing I appreciated most out of my time at Copley High School, was the diverse and accepting students and staff. My school was very diversified and did not segregate anyone based on gender, race, or level of knowledge. Every student had a place they belonged and no one was left behind. The school was also very functional in keeping the halls, classrooms, and cafeteria clean to ensure everyone was safe and healthy. The only thing I would ask to improve is the amount of classes offered for a higher learning opportunity for some subjects, and a more broad use of expenses on departments that needed them most, such as the theater and the art rooms. The guidance department for prepping seniors for financial aid and college readiness could also be drastically improved. Despite these grievances, I believe my high school was one of the most efficient and finest high schools that could have helped me further my education for the better.
Copley High School is a very welcoming place for all students. Being a senior, I have enjoyed my experience at Copley and have always felt included. he teachers are very dedicated to helping students learn and are always there to offer help to students when needed. There are also many sports and opportunities for students to be involved in as well. I would definitely say Copley is a great place for everyone. Although it is a great place, I think that our school needs to have a greater focus on mental health. Since COVID-19 came, many students feel frustrated with work environments and find it hard to learn the material. For this reason, I think mental health should be a priority at our school and make sure it is taken into consideration when students seem to fall behind or just off in general. Copley has made steps to help with this issue and I believe they will continue to do so to help us students lower our stresses and anxieties.
I have been a student at Copley from kindergarten to senior year. I have always felt at home at Copley and could make connections with most of my teachers. My time Copley High School will definitely be one of my most valued memories when I look back at my childhood. Copley is so diverse and I was able to make friends with people I would never thought to have spoken to if they weren’t in my class, or I hadn’t met at lunch, clubs, etc. There are so many opportunities for students to get involved in extracurricular activities and it is greatly encouraged on a regular basis. Being a minority, I never felt discrimination from the school. I believe is very important to be welcoming and tolerant to everyone so Copley High School is a very good school i my opinion. The faculty wants the best from every student while still challenging us, which is why I know I am getting proficient guidance and learning. Overall, I would rate Copley 5/5 being an excellent school.