Copley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Copley, OH. It has 1,074 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Copley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-193 Students
- A+166 Students
- B141 Students
- A-127 Students
- A87 Students
- A-86 Students
- A+66 Students
- B54 Students
- B47 Students
- A38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Copley High School
- ATwinsburg High School
- Twinsburg City School District, OH
- 266 reviews
- A-Strongsville High School
- Strongsville City School District, OH
- 515 reviews
- B+Nordonia High School
- Nordonia Hills City School District, OH
- 242 reviews
- B+Brunswick High School
- Brunswick City School District, OH
- 411 reviews
Copley High School Reviews
Copley High School was an outstanding school. Filled with highly knowledgable staff leaving students with exceptional grades and experiences. Copley is a wonderful school that offers a variety of different sports, clubs, and organizations to ensure that students are staying involved. Copley also has a strong reputation for being a very diverse school. Individual's with all different backgrounds come together as one. Many friendships and relationships with students and staff will certainly be formed. The staff at Copley High School has always been known as excellent. They make it a priority to help kids succeed, and also to ensure that kids feel comfortable around them. The staff is always there for their students and want them to be successful in whatever they do, whether it is in the classroom, club, or even on a sports team.
I've started going to Copley High School, since my recent switch from Firestone CLC, and I really enjoy being here. I miss the music program at Firestone, but I have recently made really good friends at Copley and intend to stay till I graduate. Teachers and students here actually make the effort to have and get good grades. I'm not a sports fan, but their sports program is a whole lot better than Firestone's. They do not have a free lunch or breakfast program and mostly everything here has to be paid for. However, I like that Music Boosters pays for OMEA Solo and Ensemble. I used to have to pay to get into that, so I only did one category. Their choirs aren't very good, as I am in concert chorale, which isn't a double-A choir, compared to the choirs at Firestone CLC. Their bands are very good though, and there seems to be a lot of hidden talent here. I'm usually hanging out in the practice rooms and can overhear people that I didn't know actually had talent.
I think Copley High School is overall very good. They make sure every student has the chance to be involved and tries to make our high school experience fun, but of course educational. We have many outstanding teachers who’d do anything for their students, treating them like their own children. I have met so many amazing people throughout high school and I’m truly blessed to be part of such an amazing community. However, with everything comes a few things you can improve upon. The only thing I can think of that Copley High School should change is the amount of college preparation they do. This includes having students take multiple surveys about future careers, discussing schools that are good for different majors and more. I have always wished the school did more to help with figuring out what options a student has for a major instead of having us figure it out.