Copenhagen Central School is a public school located in Copenhagen, NY. It has 490 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Copenhagen Central School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+22 Students
- B18 Students
- A-13 Students
- A-12 Students
- A10 Students
- A-9 Students
- C9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-8 Students
- A+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Copenhagen Central School
Schools like Copenhagen Central School
- C+Beaver River Senior High School
- Beaver River Central School District, NY
- 40 reviews
- BCarthage Senior High School
- Carthage Central School District, NY
- 133 reviews
- BLowville High School
- Lowville Academy & Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- B-Watertown Senior High School
- Watertown City School District, NY
- 120 reviews
Copenhagen Central School Reviews
I love the inspiring teachers who are always ready to teach even on their worst days. Also, the way they are passionate allows the students such as myself to really follow our passions. The only things I would change would be the course selections and the high reliance on technological advances. I understand the lack of teachers for the extra courses but of course, education is always an important aspect in a child’s life, meaning that only the best is acceptable. Also, the school relies on technology incredibly such as chrome books and iPads for students starting in third grade all the way through high school. Overall, the school is amazing with only slight changes that don’t necessarily need to be made in order to be spectacular.
It's special to attend a school that is K-12. I got to grow with fellow peers and teachers who helped me become who I am today. With Fort Drum next to the school it was amazing how the school respected those of military service and brought people together who were in military families. What I enjoyed most about Copenhagen was that the small class rooms filled with no more than 20 students, it was easy to get the attention every individual needed and to have teachers who could give their extra effort to help those i needs. By high school my teachers were more than willing to stay late at night and help me with my work and even walk the extra mile when I needed a recommendation. I will always remember two teachers who left a lasting impression on me, Holly Evans and Michael Thomson, although retired now their attitudes and philosophies have impacted my life immensely.
Attending Copenhagen Central School was a very beneficial asset for me because being in such a small community allowed me to fully submerge myself in the school environment. The teachers are very helpful and understanding and the administration are great people as well.