Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Coopersville High School is an above average, public school located in Coopersville, MI. It has 840 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 1% in reading.
Coopersville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+249 Students
- A151 Students
- B-147 Students
- C+127 Students
- B95 Students
- A+85 Students
- B74 Students
- B+73 Students
- C55 Students
- C+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Coopersville High School
- A-Hudsonville High School
- Hudsonville Public School District, MI
- 308 reviews
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 222 reviews
- A-Jenison High School
- Jenison Public Schools, MI
- 230 reviews
- A-Grand Haven High School
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools, MI
- 324 reviews
Coopersville High School Reviews
I came to Coopersville in third grade. I moved from a different school where all my friends went. I knew no one from Coopersville school and I was very worried that I wasn't going to find friends and that I would have no one to talk to. To my surprise, I was entirely wrong! As soon as I stepped foot in that school I felt welcomed and wanted. I found my new friends in less than a day! That was a very big moment for me in elementary because it taught me that just because people don't know you, it doesn't mean that you can't be friendly to everyone. Throughout my experience of the school in third through ninth grade has been nothing but good. Sure, I went through the typical middle/high school drama and friend problems, but my teachers were always there to help and sometimes advise me on ways to fix my problems. Coopersville has a great environment and staff that is supportive and caring towards the students and their needs.
Coopersville High School is in my belief, the best high school in in the West Michigan area, at least in terms of academics. It has a wide variety of excellent AP courses for those who wish to prepare for college, as well as the best program for students wishing to enter a skilled trade in West Michigan. CHS has a lot of outstanding teachers, but some aren't too great (like any other school). However, CHS lacks diversity. Students are primarily white with some minorities being Hispanic and African-American. The sports programs have good years as well as bad, but the music/arts has consistently high reviews for enjoyment by students. The food is about average for a nice public school, but has many healthy options. In essence, CHS has much to offer for academics, decent sports, decent extra curriculars, and high safety.
Coopersville Highschool is a very welcoming school. Students and staff alike are all very kind and will help you with anything. There are all different groups and clubs at Coopersville Highschool so you will be able to fit in wherever you want. Coopersville Staff and Students welcome all types of people and will not be biased. As a Jewish believer, I was afraid that I was going to face criticism and get bullied, but the exact opposite happened. Everyone was intrigued and asking questions. I felt accepted and I knew this was the right school for me.