Cook County Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Grand Marais, MN. It has 183 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Cook County Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+23 Students
- B-21 Students
- C+17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+14 Students
- B12 Students
- A+11 Students
- B10 Students
- B10 Students
- A10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Cook County Senior High School Reviews
Cook a County High School offers great opportunities for AP classes, but there is no existing honors program. It also has very poor access to the arts, continually putting their sport teams above theater, choir, band, and art.
Cook County High School is a very excellent school. With very personal relationships with teachers and fellow student, you gain a knowledge of everyone around you. The staff and classes they offer are great. One thing I would change is the amount of prep they give you before college.
Honestly this school is pretty nice, but its has so many stereo types in it. Everyone gets categorized and its not very fair. But you cant controll it, its always been this way, and it makes it hard cause there is so many different types of people, there is always a group not getting along.