Connetquot High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bohemia, NY. It has 2,004 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Connetquot High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-193 Students
- C147 Students
- A-106 Students
- A+84 Students
- B83 Students
- B79 Students
- B+70 Students
- B66 Students
- B66 Students
- B+63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 58 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Connetquot High School
- A-Babylon Junior/Senior High School
- Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 70 reviews
- A-Sachem High School East
- Sachem Central School District, NY
- 463 reviews
- A-Comsewogue High School
- Brookhaven-Comsewogue Union Free School District, NY
- 190 reviews
- ASayville High School
- Sayville Union Free School District, NY
- 84 reviews
Connetquot High School Reviews
In terms of college, the guidance department helps with absolutely nothing. Majority of the college process has to be figured out by the students- those of which are already stressed enough. This past year alone there were upwards of four shooting threats and two bomb threats which led to multiple days of bag searches and many students missing school out of fear for their lives. There is a large percentage of students who cannot afford the cost of their means; some of which cost $3.25 per. While free or reduced lunch programs are available, many families are unable to meet the specific criteria to receive assistance from these programs and are forced to either find a way to pay the $3.25 or to go hungry. The students are cliquey and reluctant to allow outsiders into their groups; they can be brutal to one another, and the mass economic divide of students coming from homes ranging from million dollar mansions to run down trailer parks makes things worse.
I believe that Connetquot high school is a very good school. It consists of many great classes that can clearly help a student find its path to the future. But, I am rating it 4 stars because sometimes teachers are lazy, they will brush over topics and class or just barely show any interest in their students. But that is only a good handful out of the entire staff. My time at connetquot has gone well. I am so proud to be apart of their many activists like the schools drama club. Which in comparison to many other school, go all out. Connetquot has its ups and downs but that’s like every school. But if you’re searching for a good school district to send your child, connetquot is the way to go.
It's most likely common to feel this about one's highschool, but Connetquot High School is a very strange place. There are students from many different lives, from those who can barely afford their trailer home to those with beachside mansions, and yet somehow there is an over all sense of unity that we all had to go to this school. I had a very good experience with teachers, getting very close with many. That's probably the best thing about Connetquot, the faculty are wonderful people. Even many custodians were on a first name basis with me. It is a place full of adults who chose their careers because they're passionate about them.