Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Connetquot High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bohemia, NY. It has 1,923 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Connetquot High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-251 Students
- C166 Students
- A-134 Students
- A+108 Students
- B100 Students
- B89 Students
- B87 Students
- B86 Students
- B+79 Students
- B+76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Connetquot High School
- A-Babylon Junior/Senior High School
- Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 76 reviews
- A-Sachem High School East
- Sachem Central School District, NY
- 510 reviews
- A-Comsewogue High School
- Brookhaven-Comsewogue Union Free School District, NY
- 204 reviews
- ASayville High School
- Sayville Union Free School District, NY
- 93 reviews
Connetquot High School Reviews
I love the students and the dedication of the teachers. Some teachers put their heart and souls into their job and make their students their first priority. As someone who transferred high schools after freshman year, the students made the transition really easy. I made amazing friends and joined many honor societies, clubs, etc. There are so many opportunities offered!
In terms of college, the guidance department helps with absolutely nothing. Majority of the college process has to be figured out by the students- those of which are already stressed enough. This past year alone there were upwards of four shooting threats and two bomb threats which led to multiple days of bag searches and many students missing school out of fear for their lives. There is a large percentage of students who cannot afford the cost of their means; some of which cost $3.25 per. While free or reduced lunch programs are available, many families are unable to meet the specific criteria to receive assistance from these programs and are forced to either find a way to pay the $3.25 or to go hungry. The students are cliquey and reluctant to allow outsiders into their groups; they can be brutal to one another, and the mass economic divide of students coming from homes ranging from million dollar mansions to run down trailer parks makes things worse.
During my time at Connetquot High School, I have learned to love the school for all that is offers. I like our sports teams and how everyone gets excited to watch the big games. I like the teachers and classes that the school has to offer. I like all the friendships that I have made or built stronger during the 4 years that I have attended the school. I wish during these hard times that everyone is going through that we got packets of work to do at home instead of having all the assignments sent to us online because it's a lot easier to work on paper then to do it on the computer. So, I just wish the teachers were better prepared but, this pandemic was sudden so I understand why everything was rushed.