Conner Creek Academy East - Michigan Collegiate High School Reviews

It’s a good school , they prepare you for college and teach you everything you’ll need to know . The teachers are very respectful and they are very honest and they all want you to pass your class and your assignments they will push you until you finish .
Not enough homework at all grade levels. Class sizes are too large for help from the teachers. Not enough extra activities because of bus schedules.
As a student and now alumni of Michigan Collegiate I definitely gained a lot of well need knowledge. Also, I’ve grown as a person looking back at my freshman year in highschool. Michigan collegiate is a family where everyone cares for one another.
Start Your Review of Conner Creek Academy East - Michigan Collegiate High School
Not a lot of hands on classes. Most courses are online. I would say the building is fairly too small to be middle and high school
Every one at Michigan collegiate are very close and they are like a second family to me . I Really feel at home there . They let you know when you are doing good because they want to see you thrive and the want you to feel involved. They are very welcoming and they let you know that they care for you when you don't think anyone else does.
At Michigan Collegiate I have experienced great friendships and having teachers who generally care about you as a person and a student and going far in life. My teachers to this point have encouraged me all throughout my high school years here. The down side is student participation. The school administrators and staff want to do things but a lot of our students don’t want to participate fully or work hard to complete the goal. In a school of less than 400 student you need every student to chip in but sadly the students don’t think that way. Diversity isn't great it’s 98% black which I have no problem with but for others maybe they want to see something different.
Long story short, this is pretty a great school, they don't have much but they try. They do not have a football field but a football team; They have a basketball team for both sexes, volleyball, and a majorette team. Food is disgusting but they do have a salad bar and a snack shack. They offer bus transportation.They don't have many clubs, maybe only four. But they do prepare you for college and even offers dual enrollment classes for free for juniors and seniors. Classroom sizes are small and they don't offer AP courses. Senior class usually consists of under ninety students and as a Senior you're a self contained student who stays in the computer room all day, because they do not have teachers for Spanish and other classes needed to graduate. And yes it is very challenging to learn from an computer, especially if you're a hands on learner.
The school is a non-tolerate school for bullying and harassment and enforce it with no problem, along with the basic safety precautions.
Extracurricular activities have a big impact on students, teachers and parents.
The teachers employed at Michigan Collegiate High School make sure a student has an college level learning experience by the time of graduation. They could be more consistent with their grading scale but overall a student attending will be able to graduate and apply what they've learned in school to the real world.
I've never had any major problems at this school. Everyone seems to be friends with one another.
The teachers really care about their jobs and do as much as they can to help those that actually care but the way they teach doesn't correlate with everyone. Most kids learn better with hands on activities such as myself, so having to adapt to a different style of learning is kind of difficult.
I enjoyed attending this school, it prepared me for college well.
This highschool offers a diverse amount of extracaricular activities.
Michigan Colligiate is a great school for athlets and academic focus sudents. I had many reasources avalible to uplift my grade and the social clubs at this school are diverse.
The teacher as Michigan Coligiate are very engaging and helped me obtain a gpa above a 3.0.
Lunch was nice. They had a variety of snacks, so if you didn't like what was for lunch, you had other options.
I say okay because they were very strict on students not opening doors for people, yet their bullying policy stunk. People were bullied heavily, verbally and physically.
This is one thing our school pushed hard. The sports teams were very important to most students, administration, and teachers.
I know my junior year girls wore black legging, and they became really strict about no leggings. The next year they changed it, and we were only allowed to wear khaki's. It did rid the issue of leggings, but they never did anything about guys wearing tan colored jeans. I felt it was a double standard.