Connellsville Area Senior High School is a public school located in Connellsville, PA. It has 1,138 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Connellsville Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A94 Students
- A+89 Students
- B72 Students
- C+69 Students
- C+48 Students
- A-43 Students
- A-41 Students
- B41 Students
- C-41 Students
- A+35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Connellsville Area Senior High School
- B-Southmoreland Senior High School
- Southmoreland School District, PA
- 172 reviews
- B-Uniontown Area Senior High School
- Uniontown Area School District, PA
- 123 reviews
- B-Mount Pleasant Area High School
- Mount Pleasant Area School District, PA
- 67 reviews
- C+Frazier High School
- Frazier School District, PA
- 104 reviews
Connellsville Area Senior High School Reviews
I would like to see Connellsville change the way they communicate with their student body. For example, many kids now often watch what they’re putting into their bodies. Some of them may have food allergies. They have a salad bar for most of the year, but often it’s closed without any warning. I have a gluten allergy and pretty much every school meal contains gluten. I rely on their salad bar to be open, so when it isn’t I have nothing to eat for the day. Maybe a handful of french fries or a baggie of apple slices, but that doesn’t hold someone over for the entire day! I’d also like to see more money being given to the band and arts area of our school. They’ve been taking funding cuts every year and somehow still have been able to fundraise enough money back to keep their standards met. Our school has recently been updated and we have a huge amount of equipment for people going into the STEM fields, but none for the arts.
I attended Connellsville Area Senior High School from my freshman to senior year. During my time there I was able to grow and learn in a relatively safe environment. Certain teachers seemed as if they would rather be anywhere else than in the front of the classroom while others genuinely seemed to care about their students. Evidently, the latter ended up being the most influential to me personally. The teachers and staff that care about and treat the students as if they are more than simply numbers and class periods outweigh those who are there just to do their job and leave as soon as the last bell rings. Teachers such as Mr. Copula, who changed my life in ways I will forever be grateful for, are one of the main reasons I believe my time at Connellsville Area Senior High School aided in my love of learning and pushed me to further my education to the college level.
Connellsville Area Senior High School has lots of ups and downs. The faculty and arts programs are wonderful, you can tell that the teachers involved in the arts care and want to see the students grow. The administration doesn't really listen to the concerns of the students and they tend to try to cut the musical and arts programs. This makes the students angry and not too happy with the system. All in all, depending on what you want to do with your life, Connellsville can offer you great opportunities, but it might come with some frustration.