Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Connections is an above average, public school located in Soldotna, AK. It has 766 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 68 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+25 Students
- B-12 Students
- A+6 Students
- A+5 Students
- B+4 Students
- B4 Students
- A4 Students
- A3 Students
- B3 Students
- A+3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Connections
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Connections Program was always open to me taking on more classes or finishing classes early. They never limited me or my siblings and they were always encouraging! My education felt more personalized and do-able. I was actually learning and taking in what I needed to learn compared to the public school system. They had many opportunities to go on field trips with other students, get together, dances hosted by the kids, and so much more. They even let you use your allotment for college credit at the local college (KPC)or a study abroad trip if you wanted. They even do their own study abroad trip every few years if I remember! They are just amazing it’s not the traditional homeschool experience everyone assumes it to be. My final positive point of this rant is we even had an official graduation walk with robes and all. Highly recommended.
Since I started working at Connections I have noticed how much the staff and advisors care about all the students and families. Success is the main focus and the ability to provide families with all the resources to accomplish those goals. Where else can you control what your child learns and who better to teach them than you! Living in Alaska is unique in itself and being able to take advantage of all the beauty around you and learn from it is amazing as well. After going through what we all just went through, if you are thinking about Homeschooling I would highly recommend Connections, we can help you, guide you, and prepare your children for a future of possibilities.
I loved the fact that I got to personalize my classes and schedule to fix me throughout high school. This made it so much easier for me to pursue my academic interests with extra freedom. Overall I found all of the staff to be very helpful and supportive! If I could change one thing it would be that I didn’t get more involved with their homeschool programs, as homeschooling, even in a supportive environment, can be daunting. That aside I had an amazing high school experience with Connections!