Conneaut High School is a public school located in Conneaut, OH. It has 415 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Conneaut High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B34 Students
- C33 Students
- B32 Students
- A+28 Students
- A-26 Students
- B17 Students
- B15 Students
- C+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Conneaut High School
- BEdgewood High School
- Buckeye Local School District (Ashtabula), OH
- 133 reviews
- BGirard High School
- Girard School District, PA
- 132 reviews
- B-Northwestern Senior High School
- Northwestern School District, PA
- 86 reviews
- CLakeside High School
- Ashtabula Area City School District, OH
- 78 reviews
Conneaut High School Reviews
My overall experience at Conneaut High School was so fantastic that four years after graduating, here I am still missing it! What makes this school unique is that it had a very small population. It made the students closer as a whole. The majority of the students at the High School had grown up together since Kindergarten. CHS offered many after school activities such as band, choir, volleyball, golf, academic teams, etc. and many students were involved. I myself was involved in the National Honor Society. I always believe that is the name of it because it is truly an honor to be part of. We were all intelligent students coming together to make the school and community a better place. Our academics were great so we were rewarded with trips to New York City and New Orleans to experience other places outside of our small town. I would choose this school if I had to do it all over because of what it made me today. I also plan to stay in this town so my kids can attend this High School.
I enjoyed the close knit community the school offered. It was a safe place and every one knew one another. Teachers were always very willing to help students however, resources were lacked in providing more challenging courses to fit everyone's needs. This did not allow students to be as prepared as possible for college.
As a Freshman in college I realize Conneaut High School does not prepare their students for life after high school. They are too concerned with discipline such as taking away cell phones, minor dress code violations, absences and tardiness and such much more that is irrelevant to a student's education. The teachers are more worried about their own drama and drama within the student body rather than helping their class understand what is supposed to be taught. The school lacks spirit and student involvement due to stupid rules such as not being able to sing "Goodbye" to the visiting team as a joke like every high school does. Overall Conneaut High School sucks.