Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Conestoga Valley Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lancaster, PA. It has 1,345 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Conestoga Valley Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+117 Students
- A-106 Students
- B103 Students
- A86 Students
- A-75 Students
- B60 Students
- A+55 Students
- B+44 Students
- B39 Students
- B-38 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Conestoga Valley Senior High School
- B+Ephrata Senior High School
- Ephrata Area School District, PA
- 207 reviews
- B+Donegal High School
- Donegal School District, PA
- 140 reviews
- B+Garden Spot Senior High School
- Eastern Lancaster County School District, PA
- 156 reviews
- B+Warwick Senior High School
- Warwick School District, PA
- 231 reviews
Conestoga Valley Senior High School Reviews
I very much enjoyed my time at Conestoga Valley HS. The school continues to increase in its diversity, which is encouraging and there were a number of clubs and activities that students could be involved in. The school is made up of some excellent educators, however, the administration does not always match up with that. In my time there, they were not effective at handling situations that arose that could damage their image as an administration. They seem to have been in an enormous amount of debt while I was there, which appears most prominently in the quality of their facilities. Nevertheless, the STEM programs, as well as the drama program seem not to have taken a hit, and I was always impressed at the opportunities presented to students in these areas. I just wished the music and arts programs continued to receive the same support. Sports are average, but the district does not always seem to do the best at hiring the best coaches to facilitate success.
I moved to Conestoga Valley in 9th grade. Being a new student to the district I was considered an outcast. I walked the halls alone, sat and ate lunch alone, and never got picked for projects. It's like I was an invisible person. I went from having a big friend group to no one. This is not how I excepted to spend my high school years. My mother and I talked to the staff and counselors multiple times, they did nothing about it. I tried to talk to people and be out going, it resulted in nothing. The school doesn't care about their students and only cares about academics and sports.
I had an overall good experience at CV. You always feel welcome and excepted by everyone, and staff makes it easy for you to be comfortable in each class, or anywhere in the school. We have some great educators that guide you through the learning process, encourage you, and actually want you to succeed. There is always places where students are able to go to talk wether they are stressed, sad, having a hard time, or just would like to talk. Therefore, in my opinion, I would give Conestoga Valley High School a solid 5 stars.