Conemaugh Valley Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Johnstown, PA. It has 357 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Conemaugh Valley Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+42 Students
- B-30 Students
- C+24 Students
- A18 Students
- A+15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B13 Students
- B-12 Students
- C10 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Conemaugh Valley Junior/Senior High School
- C+Ferndale Area Junior/Senior High School
- Ferndale Area School District, PA
- 44 reviews
- B-Conemaugh Township Area Middle/High School
- Conemaugh Township Area School District, PA
- 43 reviews
- B-Portage Area Junior/Senior High School
- Portage Area School District, PA
- 36 reviews
- C+Blacklick Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Blacklick Valley School District, PA
- 32 reviews
Conemaugh Valley Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I love Conemaugh Valley so much because it is such a tightly woven school. Our parents are friends; the teachers know our families personally and students become very close as a result of the small size of the school. There are many opportunities with sports, clubs and activities. Though we are a small school we have proven ourselves mighty through our support for our community and each other. I was lucky to have had the opportunity to be a Conemaugh Valley blue jay, I would have not wanted it any other way.
I really like the school I go to. It is a single A school so we are a smaller school but a lot of great things come out of my district! Our sports teams have many accomplishments. Girls basketball has been to Hershey PA to compete in playoff games and our boys basketball team has traveled to Pittsburgh to play in a playoff game, both happening while I was in high school. My high school is from seventh to twelfth grade so it can be a little intimidating to the seventh and eighth graders, but they fit in in no time! There are tons of activities to be in besides playing a sport. There is Drama Club, Yearbook, S.A.D.D. which stands for "students against destructive decisions", Remembering Adam, Ski Club and many more! Some of my favorites experiences are the dodge ball tournaments we have. We get a team of six players together, make t-shirts, and battle for the winner! Another one of my favorite experiences was the time all the Remembering Adam students took a trip to Hershey Park. We had a pie selling fundraiser to earn money for the trip. It was seriously the most fun I had ever had at an amusement park! If I could do this school thing all over again, I would definitely choose my school again. Since we are smaller everyone knows almost everyone and you get the chance to have great relationships with your teachers. It is a safe school and I enjoyed all my years I have attended it!
The majority of teachers are helpful, and genuinely care about student success. With small class sizes, teachers are able to get to know students, improving student-teacher relationship.