Concord Carlisle High School is a top rated, public school located in Concord, MA. It has 1,275 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Concord Carlisle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A172 Students
- A+128 Students
- A+113 Students
- A+105 Students
- A+91 Students
- A-88 Students
- A+75 Students
- A60 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Concord Carlisle High School
- A+Dover-Sherborn Regional High School
- Dover-Sherborn Regional School District, MA
- 65 reviews
- A+Westwood High School
- Westwood Public Schools, MA
- 205 reviews
- AAndover High School
- Andover Public Schools, MA
- 279 reviews
- A+Algonquin Regional High School
- Public School
- Northborough, MA
- 204 reviews
Concord Carlisle High School Reviews
I am a 2018 graduate of CCHS and after completing one year of college I have realized how toxic CC was for me. People focus so so much on academics and doing 100 extracurriculars so they will get into ivy league schools. People are extremely stressed to the extent that mental illness is very common. Almost every one of my friends either had depression or anxiety and I believe the school environment contributed to that. The classes are challenging which is good but college is much easier than any class I took at CCHS. There is so much emphasis on taking AP classes to the point that students will only take them just to compete with other students. Overall, CCHS has wonderful academics but the school has a toxic culture. Either you are a student who cares a lot about your work or you skip classes and barely graduate.
Concord Carlisle is a great high school that provides lots of opportunities to learn and explore. The classes, especially the elective ones for upperclassmen, are very interesting, and the vast majority of teachers are engaging and passionate about what they teach. There are also plenty of extra-curricular activities for all different ranges of interests. While some policies and programs could still be improved, the administration is usually very good about listening to its students and working to make the school a better place.
I think that when it comes to academics, it is overall a good school; however, the culture surrounding homework, work ethic, and stress are extremely toxic. Despite the occasional rise to attention that the toxic stress culture has, the school is quick to present impossible options to reduce stress. Most students find it laughable, and they generally fall into two categories of student. One is the extremely hard working/high achieving/ mildly sheltered type, and the other vapes in the bathroom during lunch and skips classes. With the occasional outlier, these are the two largest categories of student type.