Conard High School is an elite, public school located in West Hartford, CT. It has 1,493 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Conard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-265 Students
- B-116 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+80 Students
- B+59 Students
- A+58 Students
- B57 Students
- A+51 Students
- B51 Students
- A50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Schools like Conard High School
- AHall High School
- West Hartford School District, CT
- 167 reviews
- AFarmington High School
- Farmington School District, CT
- 207 reviews
- A-South Windsor High School
- South Windsor School District, CT
- 162 reviews
- A+Glastonbury High School
- Glastonbury School District, CT
- 401 reviews
Conard High School Reviews
I loved that all of the teachers were always willing to stay after school and help me with whatever I needed. I also enjoy the fact that it is so easy to get involved and make friends because everyone is so welcoming. I wish that Conard had better food because I have had to bring lunch every day since Freshman year in order to eat! I hope that Conard stays exactly the way it is, but I hope that freshman become more involved so that the school can keep gaining a better reputation.
I honestly love this school so much! I'm new to West Hartford and went to KO the year I arrived and hated it. Students at KO were clicky and overall not welcoming. However, I have been blown away with Conard's students friendly and accepting attitude. I would strongly recommend going to the school.
Conard High School is the most beautiful school inside and out. From the most caring and intelligent teachers, to administration that places the students' well-being on the top of the priority list, to the most family oriented community that truly treats education as the key to success. The teachers took time to learn every single student and I can say I always felt like I was being challenged to my full ability. They believed in me before I believed in myself. Now I am a African American junior in a private college in upstate new york with a 3.5 GPA studying Political Science and Philosophy.