Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Conard High School is a top rated, public school located in West Hartford, CT. It has 1,470 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Conard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A405 Students
- B-145 Students
- A+125 Students
- A+98 Students
- B-98 Students
- B95 Students
- A93 Students
- B93 Students
- B-78 Students
- B76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 106 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Conard High School
- A+Hall High School
- West Hartford School District, CT
- 225 reviews
- A+Farmington High School
- Farmington School District, CT
- 250 reviews
- A-South Windsor High School
- South Windsor School District, CT
- 204 reviews
- A+Glastonbury High School
- Glastonbury School District, CT
- 459 reviews
Conard High School Reviews
What I admire about my High School is the agreement that the environment accepts all colors, beliefs and authenticity of who we are as people. My brother has learning disabilities and is also Gay and I have seen him thrive. I have been a linked in crew member that basically allows me to help my fellow peers that need support and a friend! I will leave Conard with my head high with pride and confidence for the opportunities that were afforded to me and those that I made for myself as a student leader! Thank you.
One of my favorite things about Conard High School is the diversity. The statistics of diversity of Conard represents the diversity of America. I enjoy walking down the halls and seeing so many different races and hearing many different languages. Our school embraces diversity which I really appreciate. It makes me want to ensure I go to a college where diversity is praised. Our school is also very accepting of different backgrounds, not just the teachers but also the students as well. It doesn't matter the race, language or economic background, what matters is the type of person you are and that holds much value to me. Also academics are challenging but not in a too stressful way. Teachers always push us to do better but not too much where were overstressed.
Conard High School is rated as 13th in Connecticut schools according to US News. As a student at Conard, I can understand why. The teachers, for one, are great. On the first day of school, I was greeted by a crowd of teachers on each side of the hall clapping for me and my classmates as we walked into the auditorium. The principal then gave a speech telling us how he was grateful to have such wonderful students and he knew we would succeed. My favorite teacher is my Latin teacher Mr. Coleman. He is very nice as he understands we as students are very busy and therefore he teaches light but well. He makes sure we are fully prepared before we take a test. However, he also makes sure no student slacks. He gets mad when people take advantage of him and use their phone in his class. I have only heard stories because he has never gotten mad at our class. Finally, I love the diversity of the school. Everywhere you look, you see different people from all different cultures. I love it there.