Conard High School is a top rated, public school located in West Hartford, CT. It has 1,540 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Conard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A301 Students
- B126 Students
- A+96 Students
- A+82 Students
- B-72 Students
- B+71 Students
- A64 Students
- B61 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Conard High School
- A+Hall High School
- West Hartford School District, CT
- 184 reviews
- A+Farmington High School
- Farmington School District, CT
- 217 reviews
- ASouth Windsor High School
- South Windsor School District, CT
- 167 reviews
- A+Glastonbury High School
- Glastonbury School District, CT
- 417 reviews
Conard High School Reviews
I loved that all of the teachers were always willing to stay after school and help me with whatever I needed. I also enjoy the fact that it is so easy to get involved and make friends because everyone is so welcoming. I wish that Conard had better food because I have had to bring lunch every day since Freshman year in order to eat! I hope that Conard stays exactly the way it is, but I hope that freshman become more involved so that the school can keep gaining a better reputation.
Conard was an amazing high school, not only did I meet some of my best friends that I'll know for the rest of my life, but I also got an education that prepared me extremely well for college and even beyond. Ever since I began there the administration was recommending that I take their advanced placement tests because it would get me used to the intensity and course load of college classes. Since the school was so large, roughly 1600 kids, it was impossible for the administration to know each kid very well but they genuinely wanted each and every one of us to succeed in life. While they prepared us for college they also taught us what different types of jobs would be like through the electives that they offered. They ranged from manufacturing small-scale mechanical parts to carpentry to painting. It truly was a great school.
I honestly love this school so much! I'm new to West Hartford and went to KO the year I arrived and hated it. Students at KO were clicky and overall not welcoming. However, I have been blown away with Conard's students friendly and accepting attitude. I would strongly recommend going to the school.