Conant High School is a public school located in Jaffrey, NH. It has 390 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Conant High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-26 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-19 Students
- C16 Students
- B-15 Students
- A+14 Students
- C+12 Students
- B-10 Students
- B10 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Conant High School
- CMascenic Regional High School
- Mascenic Regional School District, NH
- 83 reviews
- C+Monadnock Regional High School
- Monadnock Regional School District, NH
- 90 reviews
- B-Wilton-Lyndeboro Senior High School
- Wilton-Lyndeboro School District, NH
- 20 reviews
- BKeene High School
- Keene School District, NH
- 282 reviews
Conant High School Reviews
Conant is your average rural high school. Graduating class sizes and classes are fairly small but this can allow for individualized teaching within classes where students are able to receive the assistance they need. Resources are typically limited but the experiences available and the opportunities made with these resources (full fledged musicals, Nicaragua trips, Europe trips etc.) are plentiful.
Many who attend the school do not like the school but that is because they do not take the time to look at the value of what they have. For the most part, the teaching staff is very supportive of the students. The small size of the school can be both an advantage and a disadvantage because it allows for a more personalized learning environment, but it can also limit the resources in which students have access to. The spirit of the school could be improved tremendously, but this is seemingly because of the small town it is centered around in which everyone knows everyone.
Conant High School is very tight knit. As an athlete, I found that the school treated me very well, accommodated for all of my needs that were sports related, had genuine teachers who cared for the well being of the students, etc. There could have been more options for after school activities, and the school is not very diverse at all.