grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Comsewogue High School is a highly rated, public school located in Port Jefferson Sta, NY. It has 1,298 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Comsewogue High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus186 Students
- grade C109 Students
- grade A minus88 Students
- grade A+84 Students
- grade B+56 Students
- grade A+55 Students
- grade B53 Students
- grade A+52 Students
- grade B+51 Students
- grade B46 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 72 responses
- Senior prom24%
- Spirit week17%
- Night for Jason14%
- Senior Prank!10%
- Award ceremony8%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$22,732 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 32 responses
Schools like Comsewogue High School
- grade AIslip High School
- Islip Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 182 reviews
- grade AConnetquot High School
- Connetquot Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 277 reviews
- grade AJohn H. Glenn High School
- Elwood Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 118 reviews
- grade A minusSachem High School East
- Sachem Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 520 reviews
Comsewogue High School Reviews
Rating 3.97 out of 5 206 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The school lacks a large academic drive that other schools have. There is a narrow range of classes offered, and academic clubs are limited. Also, there are only eight periods in a day, with an optional ninth period for extra help. The food in the cafeteria is nothing special, but the environment makes it better. School spirit in Comsewogue is huge, and it helps unify all the kids. The faculty are kind and caring, the students stand up for one another, and the school lets students have fun. I'll never regret attending this school because Comsewogue knows how to create a wonderful school atmosphere.
All they do is emphasize how they are accredited, but they do not seem to have much to show for it. The administration focuses on trying to relate to the students rather than listening to them. I once spent 4 hours of my school day fighting to lessen the punishment for those who participated in the national walk out for March for Our Lives, I had other concerns but those were not solved. Their security is laughable considering students sneak in and out during the school day all the time, and their refusal to up their security is because they want to keep a "kumbaya" type of image with the community. They hire teachers that aren't passionate about what they do, and overlook the ones that are by making them teach subjects they don't specialize in or underpay them. The students have been clearly spoiled by parents, teachers, and administration all their lives. Many students in the AP program clearly don't deserve to be there. Otherwise it's pretty okay.
I have really enjoyed my time at Comsewogue. I have formed many great relationships with a few of my teachers and they are easy to talk to. I have had the greatest experiences with the sport teams and coaches. I feel comfortable enough to approach them with any issue. I do wish that we would have a senior center where only the seniors could go and use to work on homework, projects or just hang out.