Community High School is a public school located in Nevada, TX. It has 589 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+50 Students
- B-45 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+41 Students
- B39 Students
- A-37 Students
- B+36 Students
- A26 Students
- B+25 Students
- A24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Community High School
- CW.H. Ford High School
- Quinlan Independent School District, TX
- 75 reviews
- BPrinceton High School
- Princeton Independent School District, TX
- 139 reviews
- BRoyse City High School
- Royse City Independent School District, TX
- 235 reviews
- B+Bland High School
- Bland Independent School District, TX
- 25 reviews
Community High School Reviews
I love that it's a small community. Hate the uniform policy. We are much to small a school district and in the country to have to wear uniforms.(4 schools total) Some of the teachers are nice and actually help students. Several teachers are new and I would like to see them actually teach and help students with the work when asked for help. I asked a teacher for help and her response was "no, figure it out for yourself " and this particular teachers English was not that great either. It was very hard to understand her most of the time. I would love to see better teachers hired. There is so many things that this school district needs to change to make it better for the students.
Community High School is like no other High School I've ever seen or heard about. My opinion, one of the only good/best things about the school is the friends that you can make and the memories with them. There are also a handful of teachers that have really influenced and helped me in the past four years of my life. However, the rest of the teachers, and the administration, it's humorous. These teachers that we get, they act like they don't want to be a teacher, they really don't want to be there.The administration, just like the teachers, you question why they applied for their job. They are there to get their jobs done and go home. Trying to get help, or wanting to do things that the students are interested in is few to none. Money that the school gets, seems like it goes to things that really, shouldn't be our main focus. Over all, it's really just a big circus, and I wish my education, the student life and student interests were taken more into consideration and more seriously.
A lot of money is funded into the football program, which hasn't been good for 10+ years, but they keep putting more money into it and taking it away from programs that are doing good, such as the band program. Also the math department as well as every other education department has been really lacking except for the English and the math department has been making changes actively trying to make itself better. The school is being run more as a prison than a school, mainly by taking away several senior only activities, limiting the amount of people to a table to 7 and punishing people who violate it with no proper warning, and forcing a standardized dress that was voted down by every parent and student in the district.