Community Day School Reviews

At the end of 8th grade, my boys were critical thinkers, understood how to complete long term projects without procrastinating, were better than average writers (and I have a dyslexic kid), had great respect for nature, cultures, history, & religion. In high school (allderdice) I’ve been told my boys are the nicest, hardest working students. Even when it’s not their favorite subject. My youngest in currently at CDS for middle school & we are confident she is getting everything she needs at school.
My children have been at CDS for 3 years and I couldn't be happier. I picked this school because of it's strong focus on social, character and academic development and the school truly delivers.
CDS has brought out confidence, respect (their mench program even in PreK is incredible!) and sooo much more in my son. He’s learned wonderful play and social skills, leadership and Hebrew. He is not even 5! Their staff and teachers are the best I’ve seen and truly care about the kids and their success. I’m looking forward to sending both of my kids through to eighth grade!
Start Your Review of Community Day School
I have 2 children at Community Day School. I've been a parent there for 4 years. Our experience has been stellar. My children are academically challenged in a nurturing setting. My daughter once articulated to me that one reason she enjoys school is because she gets to use her imagination there. I was so thrilled to hear that she can tap into her imagination in a rigorous academic setting! My son struggles more socially and emotionally. CDS has been a wonderful partner to us with this. CDS's smaller class sizes, caring teachers, engaged administration, and the growth mindset philosophy have led our son to many successes. My husband and I feel a huge amount of gratitude to CDS for all this and more that it offers our children. We also feel a great deal of trust in the CDS administration based on what we've seen in its ability to curate curriculum, experiences, and community. At CDS, we feel we have a strong partner in raising our children to become adults we are proud of.
Community Day is a warm and wonderful place. They have done a great job with both of my children. I highly recommend it.
Community Day School is more than just an academically stellar institution...it is a place where kids' imaginations are fostered and their values are developed. My kids are receiving an education that has a moral compass, and this will allow my kids to become leaders in whatever they choose. But most importantly, CDS is a family, and for that we are grateful always.
Amazing school-- very strong academics in a warm, Jewish environment. School leadership, teachers and staff are first class.
I couldn't have chosen a better partner in helping me to raise my two daughters than Community Day School. Not only are they academically prepared for high school and beyond, thanks to CDS, they have the self-confidence, compassion, and leadership skills to make a positive difference in the world.
I could not be more thrilled with CDS. My family has been there for 6 years and the faculty and staff exceed expectations, and truly tailor the learning experience for the child’s needs, while also upholding the needs of society in helping to raise kids that care about others and making a difference in the world.
This is truly an amazing place! My daughter graduated with a great sense of her self and her Jewish identity and incredibly prepared academically to meet the challenges of high school.