Community Charter School of Cambridge Reviews

The teachers and school really care about the students and ensuring they on some track after high school. They are always looking to change themselves to help the students every year. I just have some concerns as to the freedom the students have within their academic learning.
While currently still in my experience at CCSC, I'd say it's a fairly good experience. I've made tons of friends along the way, and the staff here are somewhat supportive of their students. I truly believe that some teachers have their student's best interests at heart while others don't.
This school has great academics, but I feel like they don’t really help with college readiness. They don’t have any great resources or connections.
Start Your Review of Community Charter School of Cambridge
I have been attending Community Charter School of Cambridge for five years. I like that the teachers really want to see you be successful in life academically. They are very connected with every student's parents to make sure that their student is on the right track. The thing I would change about the school, is for it to be more safe and open to students opinions a little more when it comes to learning. Not every student can learn the same way as the other student, so students tend to push to be heard. It is overall a pretty good school.
I wish the school offered more choices when it came to classes especially art and language. Art class is limited which is unfair to the students who actually enjoy expressing themselves with art. I also believe that more than just spanish as a language should be offered to students who might already know spanish or students who have other language interests. I think some teachers could be more connected with their students and help make sure that they’re actually understanding the curriculum instead of just forcing it on them. Some teachers just move too quickly on to another topic without half of the class really understanding what they’re being taught. The diversity and culture in the school is very high and the preparation for college is decent for the amount of work we are given but there could be improvement when it comes to teaching as if it were a college classroom and preparing us for that.
The teachers are very helpful and they card a lot about education. They encourage me to get involve outside and inside of school, which is very helpful towards my future.
Ccsc thrives on providing education, resources and tools needed to be successful at college. Most students are low income and normally would not have as much opportunities to attend college. Ccsc expects their students to try their best and never give up
The school is very academically focused. I wish there were a wider range of clubs to choose from. Its culture allows for fear-mongering of students, which is detrimental to their mental health. I've had mostly negative experiences with the school counseling provided, so I would like there to be more resources provided for students to help them not only academically, but emotionally as well.
I got a better education than I probably would have at a public school because they had better support for students with learning disabilities. Teachers want to see students succeed though its not always clear communication. We do have an art class, sports is more of CCSC's thing. I was academically prepared but socially I wasn't ready for the lack of diversity. Admin have started to take a kinder approach and I appreciate that but it still has work to do
This school is ok, it is mostly for people who definitely want to go to college since in order to get your diploma. They also focus way to much on behavior then your academics because right now this one teacher can’t teach that well and more then half the grade is failing but, the staff don’t really care. But if I swore they would care more then people failing.
I feel like I was able to become a better version of myself by going to the Community Charter School of Cambridge. The school has pushed me by giving me a rigorous workload and I learned from them what hard work meant. I feel like because I was able to get through so many obstacles while being in the school and can do anything I set my mind to.
I have been at this school for six years. If you want a school that knows what they are doing educationally than CCSC is great in that area. However, they focus on students behavior more than getting them to learn the material a lot of the time. They are trying to work on it, but still can use some improvements in that area.
I love the fact that students are able to get extra help from teachers on assignments and be able to complete extra assignments if they need to so that they could get their grades up. One thing about CCSC that I hope will change in the near future is that the school would offer more options for extracurriculars and classes offered.
I like how they prepare us for college. I would like for the discipline to change. It should be more focused on education than disciplining students.
The school's faculty members were great. They showed much compassion and interest in the students' wellbeing and education. The environment was also cozy and well-suited for learning. I also felt like the education in the school prepared me adequately for college, especially with the amount of workload placed on us. There were definitely intense classes within the high school, but I think they were needed in order to better prepare the students for college. The only aspect I would have changed in the high school is the size and amount of classes. The school is still somewhat novel, which is why there are neither a wide range of classes to take nor a sufficient amount of space for a school trying to teach grades 6-12. I do know that the school is expanding though and hope to continue expanding. With a larger amount of space, this school would be perfect!
My 18 year old daughter attends CCSC and its has been a wonderful experience. It is a charter school in Cambridge. She is a senior and will be graduating soon. CCSC offers a variety of sports and academics. The teachers are caring and there is one on one support. They have school based relationships with MIT and Harvard, where a lot of teachers do internships. They have a discipline system based on merits and demerits. Its could be Saturday detention or 45 min after school detention. Which is called after school support because they want the students to use that time for educational purposes and homework help.
Great school that prepares students for college. Each class is very challenging in its own way but the teachers are there to make sure everything is understood and that you're ready for college.
Start Your Review of Community Charter School of Cambridge
The academic system is magnificent, the teachers are very professional. The director is very nice and cares about the students, listens to parents and shares in all school activities. I would like to give students more opportunity to defend themselves and give their opinion in some aspects. Parents are allowed to be in contact with the school and any school employee, but for students this is very limited.
I think that the community charter school of Cambridge is a great school for students who want to push themselves with a harder curriculum. The teachers here are very smart, which helps students to be more engaged in what you are learning. Something that I would like to see them work on is not allowing someones physical appearance to be able to get in the way of them getting their education. For examples there have been many instances where if someone did not have a belt they were forced to go all the way home and get one. This taking away from their learning experience.
I was an extremely timid and shy person. Keeping to myself, minding my own business, and drawing little to no attention to me seemed like the best solution for me. When I became apart of the Community Charter School of Cambridge I became a three-sport academic athlete in high school. At first, I didn’t entirely know what this meant. As the years passed my life began to gradually change and I began to have others look up to me. I did not quite know how to respond to this. Knowing that there were younger people watching my every move and seeing me as a role model frightened me a bit. Yet, I stepped up to the plate and accepted the role. Doing so, I became the captain of my soccer team. I vividly remember many of my teammates wanting to go against me during scrimmages, for they liked the challenge. They loved having the chance to improve their skills. This school helped me break out of my shell and show others it is ok to be yourself because others may look up to you.